Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Dic looks like a Christmas tree

radarluv

My XLR/V(s)
2004 xlr black raven
I have a tech 2 on order but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks. The dic shows service ride control it also say max speed 80 and the car won't do over 80. I also get a low coolant message but the coolant is up and there are no leaks. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I have a tech 2 on order but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks. The dic shows service ride control it also say max speed 80 and the car won't do over 80. I also get a low coolant message but the coolant is up and there are no leaks. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm getting the same message for low coolant. Took it into my service guy and he told me these car were known for radiator problems. So he topped off the fluid levels again. He also said if it's leaking then a adjuster needs to be called out with the warranty I have. I only have abt 1k left till my oil change. So if it can hold out till then. I'll have them check this and some other items at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread might get better coverage if it were located in the Technical forum, since it isn't related to car mods (yet!)

A suspension failure message is displayed when the Electronic Suspension Control module detects or suffers a fault and the suspension system enters a "safe" mode. The safe mode is caused by the ESC module internal diagnostic when it detects a fault code (DTC) It can be caused by a failed shock, wheel position sensor, steering wheel position sensor, or a faulty Suspension Control module.

The ESC system uses a different kind of self-troubleshooting method called the "Ignition Cycle Diagnostic Approach," to reduce false fault codes that don't really reduce the functionality of the ESC system. The fault must be present for a few ignition cycles before the "Speed Limit " message will be displayed. As long as the fault remains, it will stay in memory and the "YOU'VE GOT ISSUES" message will be displayed at every ignition cycle. It can be removed from the display with the RESET switch.

When this message is displayed, the system enters a Fail Soft mode. This means if a shock fails, the system tries to compensate and sets all of the shocks to a Tour setting, and since they aren't available for higher speed performance, the system isn't optimal for speeds of more than 80mph.

For the cooling message issue, assuming there isn't a genuine coolant leak, if your temp and coolant system pressure levels are normal, and your cooling temperature is good, you may have a faulty coolant level switch, located on the bottom of the coolant reservoir, or a failed engine coolant temp sensor. You'll enjoy using the Tech 2 to diagnosis coolant-related issues. It takes inputs from a variety of sensors to help you take aim at the problem fast.) There are other things it could be, but those are the biggies.

CC

Last edited:
Thank you

First of all thank you for replying to the message sorry for my delay to get back also wish I would have posted it in the right place as it turns out the previous owner had replaced the shocks with some aftermarket brand and put resistors to bypass the system that is my entire problem except for the fact that the coolant level indicator is inside the tank which I am replacing now. Thank you

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom