Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Dictionary looks like a Christmas tree

radarluv

My XLR/V(s)
2004 xlr black raven
I have a tech 2 on order but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks. The dic shows service ride control it also say max speed 80 and the car won't do over 80. I also get a low coolant message but the coolant is up and there are no leaks. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance title shou k d say DIC looks like a Christmas tree lol

XLR computer read outs go goofy

Mine have done that a few times. The most common is the "Don't exceed 80 MPH" warning, which I rarely do in town anyhow. They seem to reset themselves in a day or two. It is annoying when you don't know what caused a problem or shy it stopped but it won't take your local mechanic but a few minutes to read the codes and reset the computer. They say these are not "Do it yourself" cars but every time I drive in front of a Cadillac dealer it costs me over a grand, thanks to the XLR forum I'm learning to do more and more of these things myself.

I have a tech 2 on order but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks. The dic shows service ride control it also say max speed 80 and the car won't do over 80. I also get a low coolant message but the coolant is up and there are no leaks. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance title shou k d say DIC looks like a Christmas tree lol

Sorry to hear about your DIC.

If you're seeing this message, you've most likely got a suspension-related fault (module, shock, sensor, or connection) that a Tech 2 should isolate rapidly.

If you have other random lights on your DIC, it might be worth having your battery load-tested. Lower-than-expected battery voltage plays havoc with the XLR's electrical system and interconnected modules.

CC :wave:

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry