Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you use your XLR as a daily driver/commuter car?

Really????

I really like all the "GO NAVY" bumper stickers across the back. Nice touch.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :chuckle Those blue stickers really are noticeable against the white bumper cover. But maybe the GO NAVY banner across the windshield may be a bit too much.

My My ......no end to the comedy club around here ......

Next week at this time we should be having a rockin great time. Can not wait!

Steve

I didn't see my colleague from the Allante site "MoneyPit" chime in yet - I seem to recall he drove his Northstar Allante for a LOT of miles. I drove my '93 Northstar Allante only 19,000 miles in 19 years. I enjoy my XLR so much that I've made it my daily driver - as a semi-retired guy, it comes out to 9,000 miles a year, and when I have to leave a car at the airport, I leave my Denali - but it is now only getting driven about 3,000 miles a year. Actually, my XLR is my "Obama" economy car - I've been averaging 24MPG - that beats a lot of "clown" cars.

In 10 years, I'll be 75 and I hope my XLR is just getting broken in with about 130,000 miles on it...

I drove my '93 Northstar Allante only 19,000 miles in 19 years. I enjoy my XLR so much.......
In 10 years, I hope my XLR is just getting broken in with about 130,000 miles on it...

I really like the'93 Allante's. None better!! Especially the polo green!
I also hope all goes as you plan and wish!

Warmest Regards!

Steve

My XLR is my daily driver (23 mi 1 way). In Apr 2011 I retired with an offer I wouldn't turn down a 2nd time. In Feb 2012 they asked me to come back as a consultant with an offer I couldn't refuse (the infinite wisdom of Sr management). This last winter we had only 24" of snow all season, most in Dec and Jan. Not sure what I am going to do this winter as I know it does not like the snow at all and the probability of 2 consecutive winters in MN with record small snow falls is pretty slim, and I know the project will not be done before the snow starts to fly around here.

Not mine. I have a little gas sipper for the daily grind, and then save the XLR for the grander times. When the gas sipper mercifully dies, I'm going to get a battery powered car for the zipping around town, which is most of my driving, and then save the XLR for special events.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom