Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

DVD disc problem

klausman

My XLR/V(s)
2006 laser red XLR
My 2006 XLR recently stopped loading the Map DVD. It gives the "No disc inserted" message. When I try to insert the disc, the unit won't load it. Appreciate any help here. Thanks :thumbsup

Verify the DVD unit can read disks by inserting a DVD while parked. If it plays, the map disk is probably hosed or needs to be cleaned. If it doesn't, use a DVD cleaner disk to de-funk the laser's lens. Maxell(R) Lens Cleaner For DVD-LC DVD | Staples(R)

If that doesn't work, it's time to start shopping for a new head unit. In that case, you'll get modern functionality installing a new (non-GM) head unit. There's a lot of info as to what's needed archived here, using the Search function.

CCC :wave:

Last edited:
Verify the DVD unit can read disks by inserting a DVD while parked. If it plays, the map disk is probably hosed or needs to be cleaned. If it doesn't, use a DVD cleaner disk to de-funk the laser's lens. Maxell(R) Lens Cleaner For DVD-LC DVD | Staples(R)

If that doesn't work, it's time to start shopping for a new head unit. In that case, you'll get modern functionality installing a new (non-GM) head unit. There's a lot of info as to what's needed archived here, using the Search function.

Thanks CCC, as always your response is appreciated.
The unit won't accept any DVD, and is not holding one inside.

Last edited:
Your only recourse is look for a replacement head unit on eBay (risky), do without GPS, or replace the unit with a aftermarket head unit that give you all the modern conveniences such as bluetooth, usb, Android Auto or Apple Car Play, XM/Sirius, gps. Once these things go bad, you're pretty much stuck IMHO

:chuckle I am embarrassed to post this :chuckle but thought it to be good info regardless.
I found my problem during my exchanging different CD's in the player.
Rather than just switching them out, I ejected all the discs. To my surprise, I found 7 discs, instead of just 6.
After loading different discs, the DVD loaded up no problem. Sometimes it's the small things that matter LOL.:ugh:
I will add, that the two slots that take discs did have me confused, I thought the slot underneath the player face was dedicated to strictly DVD loading, which therefore had me baffled during this dilemma. In other words, I thought the DVD function was separate from the CD loading.
I am happy to have solved this on my own, always nice to save coin.
Thanks again for those who contributed.

I get the same message. My DVD player plays DVD's beautifully. The disk is clean and shiny, and loads perfectly on my computer. Something's fishy here. Did GM build in an obsolescence date?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom