Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Endorsement for Windblox screen

fastforward

My XLR/V(s)
I just had to share that I had an exceptional experience with the folks at Windblox. Not only was their windblocker one of the lowest priced on the market and highly rated, they have great customer service.

For $100 it is the best value on the market. They shipped the unit in excellent condition promptly. When I received it, I had ordered the black straps and upon installation realized I should have went with the clear. A quick phonecall and a replacement set were sent immediately.

I highly recommend the Windblox screen and the company. :)

Windblockers

I have been looking at his windblocker as well. He has a good ad on eBay, and in the last 12 months, out of 280 sales, only 2 had a complaint! That's a 0.7% complaint rate, and one of those was about slow shipping.

Not to say anything bad about any other vendor of windscreens, but I have to wonder why the Windblox unit is only a C-note (a little higher with clear straps or other options) and other units from other vendors are $300 or more?

I appreciate your post and would welcome input from others as to what you do or don't get for your money at the various price points.

Is he able to price them at a Franklin due to higher volume?

My experience with Windblox was not good ordered one for my 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited. Within 3 months of use the Lexan became cloudy, scratched, rattled at speed and I received no help from their customer service department. Mind you this was about 4 years ago...maybe the quality of their product and customer service has changed. I ended up ordering an OEM Chrysler Mopar windscreen ($357.00) that was far superior to the Winblox product, and it is still installed on my Roadster Limited today and is as pristine as the day I purchased it. I have seen the WindRestrictor product on many of my friends Crossfires and is of equal quality if not better than the OEM Mopar product....and far better than the Windblox product that I received....IMHO. :cool:

XFireXLR:

That's disappointing, but I've really heard nothing but good about them. I've used their windscreen for over 2 years and it works as flawlessly as it did the day I got it. Not to mention it blocks wind better than the mesh stuff. You know, they have a lifetime warranty on their product, so you might want to cash in on that. But yeah, as fastforward said, I completely endorse their products. A bargain and very effective.

Never used there product, but have seen it on other cars. I myself prefer the Windrestrictor. Like my father always told me.....you get what you pay for. Just my opinion.

Never used there product, but have seen it on other cars. I myself prefer the Windrestrictor. Like my father always told me.....you get what you pay for. Just my opinion.

I would have to agree with Cubby... my experience has been, you do get what you pay for. But the other aspect to look at is "appearance". I think from a FUNCTIONAL perspective, there probably isn't a lot of difference between wind blocker/restrictors (solid ones that is); they are solid partitions that stop wind from coming back into you. But from an appearance perspective, I would have to tip my hand to Windrestrictor - IMO, the straps just look like something rigged up to hold the partition on. But I understand if someone is just looking for something functional, then why spend the extra money.

Just my thoughts.

I have a windblox type (can't remember the exact brand) with the straps... the straps aren't that bad looking - I have the black straps. I am very happy with it; mine is the darker bronze tint. I actually like the tint in that it makes the lights from the cars behind much lees obnoxious. The reflection is somewhat distracting, but I believe that is the same no matter which windblocker you have.

I have a windblox type (can't remember the exact brand) with the straps... the straps aren't that bad looking - I have the black straps. I am very happy with it; mine is the darker bronze tint. I actually like the tint in that it makes the lights from the cars behind much lees obnoxious. The reflection is somewhat distracting, but I believe that is the same no matter which windblocker you have.

I know what you mean about the reflection, rocket... still trying to get used to it with mine (especially at night).

I know what you mean about the reflection, rocket... still trying to get used to it with mine (especially at night).

I don't have that problem with my Cadillac Wind Screen, plus the straps that hold it in place are black, unobstrusive. I love my Wind Screen. :):):)

Like my father always told me.....you get what you pay for.

If you are a good shopper!

I agree, most of the time that is true, but I am forced to wonder why a piece of plexiglass or lexan has to cost $300? Paying more for any item is not necessarily a guarantee of higher quality.

I understand perhaps that having the right technology to cut it to shape without overly stressing the material might be expensive, but I am still wondering about $300? Not being critical, but I would still like to hear what the experience of some more members here has been with various brands.

To be fair on comparing the Windrestrictor to others, you would probably want to call Stephen @ Windrestrictor to get the price on a unit without illumination or etching. I am quite sure it is not $300; as I paid less than that for my unit which is illuminated, etched and has the brake light module as well. If you tell him you are on the forum, he may even give a discount. They also run specials throughout the year. They are a great bunch of people and are family owned and operated.

If you are a good shopper!

I agree, most of the time that is true, but I am forced to wonder why a piece of plexiglass or lexan has to cost $300? Paying more for any item is not necessarily a guarantee of higher quality.

I understand perhaps that having the right technology to cut it to shape without overly stressing the material might be expensive, but I am still wondering about $300? Not being critical, but I would still like to hear what the experience of some more members here has been with various brands.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom