Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Engine off, radio still on...

xlrator

My XLR/V(s)
05 Red/Blue Metallic
Does anyone have a problem with the entertainment center/radio not always turning off after you shut off the engine and open the door?

Mine does this every- so- often. Will it cut off after I close the door and leave, or should I manually shut it off before exiting?

Thanks!

Does anyone have a problem with the entertainment center/radio not always turning off after you shut off the engine and open the door?

Mine does this every- so- often. Will it cut off after I close the door and leave, or should I manually shut it off before exiting?

Thanks!

Are you hitting the button twice? If you hit the button twice, it goes to ACC (accessory mode) That leaves the radio on. I hit mine by mistake from time to time.

I am definately not hitting button twice, if i do hit button twice, , the acc light would be on. When it happens, no acc light. Does anyone else ever have this problem?

I have also experienced this 2 or 3 time in the past year and a half.

Thanks!

This happens to me sometimes as well. Usually, the radio just goes off a minute or so later. The battery run down protection should prevent anything from draining your battery. My guess is the radio will shut off when your doors lock and alarm arms. You can always test it and see if that is the case (when you press the lock button on your remote). It doesn't happen often for me - but I have noticed it a few times. Its almost like the door interior light switch "sticks" and doesn't tell the car that the door opened; the accy retention should shut off.

Good luck.

Mine does this too every now and then. Then again my shifter is anything but normal.

HRPT-20116XLRjoystick8x6.jpg

The issue for me is there is a microswitch that must be engaged when you put the car in park. This switch is tied to the RAP and sometimes when I put the shifter in Park the switch isn't engaged and I have to push the shifter forward a couple times to ensure that switch is engaged. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if its the pushing forward or pushing the shifter button or both, but I know its the microswitch.

Is that a "BLUE" cooler i see there?

No, that's my XLR refrigerator. Fits perfectly in the trunk with the top down, runs on 12V, holds 8-12oz cans or three quarts of lemon gelato with two bottles of wine (I put in a new 12Voutlet in the trunk):chuckle. Plugs into the cigarette lighter when its up front for long trips. RubberMaid Travel Cooler and Warmer VEC206RB

I like that - 500+ horsepower AND keeps your beverages cold! :beerchug:

Hey Giz,
I went to the Rubbermaid web site and searched for the cooler, VEC206RB and could not find it.
Are you sure it's made by Rubbermaid as they do not show any such part number?

Hey Giz,
I went to the Rubbermaid web site and searched for the cooler, VEC206RB and could not find it.
Are you sure it's made by Rubbermaid as they do not show any such part number?

Probably last year's model number (or even the year before). May be discontinued.

No, that's my XLR refrigerator. Fits perfectly in the trunk with the top down, runs on 12V, holds 8-12oz cans or three quarts of lemon gelato with two bottles of wine (I put in a new 12Voutlet in the trunk):chuckle. Plugs into the cigarette lighter when its up front for long trips. RubberMaid Travel Cooler and Warmer VEC206RB

Does it keep thing really cold? I had a 12v one before and it was not all that cold but Rubbermaid usually only does things 'right' and mine was not a Rubbermaid.

Here is one that was for sale on Ebay

WOW, $10 bucks! Wish I only paid that little.

Does it keep thing really cold? I had a 12v one before and it was not all that cold but Rubbermaid usually only does things 'right' and mine was not a Rubbermaid.

I am kinda quirky about road trips. My usual scenario starts with filling the cooler with ice the night before. Freezing 2-3 32oz Gatorades and 2-3 water bottles in the house. The day of, I poor everything out of the cooler, add beverages and refill all the empty spaces with ice. Plug it in the car and I still have half the ice at the end of a 12 hr day.

We all know no cooler will chill a hot can, but the instruction manual says it will maintain at 40 degrees. My frozen drinks are only half thawed at the end of the day so I'm happy with it.

I'll bring it to Bobfest and you be the judge.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom