Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Escalade Help

JT112673

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V (SOLD FEB 2012)
I'm posting in off topic cause this is a question on my Escalade... the power locks are not working on BOTH back doors... they lock fine, but they don't unlock anymore... I'm guessing a wiring issue cause it's both doors, but has anyone experienced this that can offer any advice.

HELP... JT

My experience

My 2008 Tahoe suffered a failure of the power door lock actuator on the driver's side rear door while under warranty. It would lock every time, but would only unlock maybe once every 5 or 6 times that you tried it. It was repaired under warranty.

About 8 months later, the one on the passenger side back door started doing the same thing. By this time I was beyond the mileage limit of the warranty. I talked to my Service Advisor and made an appointment to bring it in. They replaced the actuator just as they had done on the other side.

After the repair, I asked about the fact that my Tahoe had suffered an identical failure on the driver's side earlier, and was there a problem with the actuators? He asked me if I would like him to cover this repair under warranty as well? I said yes, of course, and there was no charge to me!

This led me to believe that one of two things were at work here. Either he covered it as a courtesy to me as a repeat buyer (I have purchased all my Tahoes from this dealer) or there may be a "hidden" warranty extension on the actuators. I asked him if there had been problems with these actuators, and he just smiled and thanked me for my business.

Perhaps Cadillac Tech can shed some light on this? :dunno:

Do they not work from the driver's seat, the back doors, or neither?

the power door lock button on the driver door will unlook all doors, but will only lock the two frond doors... so both back doors remain unlocked unless I manually lock them.

the power door lock button on the driver door will unlook all doors, but will only lock the two frond doors... so both back doors remain unlocked unless I manually lock them.

Is there a child safety lock override?

JT,

I had the same issue a number of years ago on one of my Suburbans - got in a rush at the airport, hit the lock button, and left the rear passenger door unlocked bad actuator - came back a week later to find the console cleaned out of all my CDs and the glove box open with the light on. I guess the blessing was that my AGM battery was not dead!

We had a similar problem on The Truck. Only the driver's side panel would lock, unlock other doors.... turned out to be a short in the wiring harness.

I've found broken wires in the rubber between the door and hinge pillar. Since there are separate wires for the lock and unlock function, maybe one or two are broke. Course with the window switches being only $24.00ea, I'd maybe replace one and see if that's it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom