Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Warning! Ever hear of a XLR V without V badging?

Alpine_V

My XLR/V(s)
08 Alpine White V, 07 Xenon Blue V, 09 Crystal Red V, 09 Black Cherry V
The 2009 Black Raven XLR V for sale on the registry does not have any badging on the front fenders. See photo on cars.com The dealership clearly stated that the vehicle was manufactured that way and that the dealership sold it like that. The sales person from that dealership told me that he had actual knowledge from a Cadillac dealership in NY state that 2009 and 2008 XLR Vs were sold new without badging. Anyone ever hear of this??? I told him that the vehicle was most likely in an accident.

Thank you,

Alpine_V (with badging)

They were probably removed by the previous owner. The dealer doesn't know what he is talking about. If 2008 & 2009's didn't come with badging, why is there a 2008 Red XLR-V for sale on cars.com with badging. If it was in an accident, get the VIN and have it checked.

The 2009 Black Raven XLR V for sale on the registry does not have any badging on the front fenders. See photo on cars.com The dealership clearly stated that the vehicle was manufactured that way and that the dealership sold it like that. The sales person from that dealership told me that he had actual knowledge from a Cadillac dealership in NY state that 2009 and 2008 XLR Vs were sold new without badging. Anyone ever hear of this??? I told him that the vehicle was most likely in an accident.

Thank you,

Alpine_V (with badging)

Yep that's why there is that fox in the used car commercials. Show me the carfax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS

Yep that's why there is that fox in the used car commercials. Show me the carfax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Hawkeye,

The dealer was Keller Cadillac from NY. The salesman actually told me that general motors built and sold XLR-Vs without badging in 2008 and 2009!!!

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpine_V

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry