Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fall Chevy Vettefest -care to meet us?

Great! I'll check into that tonite.
~C

I bet you won't...since Wisconsin won today. You're probably still in Madison :party

Kathy :wave:

Hope you can make it!!

I'm thinking about flying in. I'm going to check into last minute rates, rather than burn through 25,000 miles (!) of credits to fly there. I'll only need 2 tanks of gas, so.......

Rich,

If you are going to fly in, let me know and we will pick you up at the airport. There is also a Hilton right at O'Hare if you are staying the night--no shuttle to take to the airport the next morning, just walk into the terminal.

Oh boy another MM :party. Don't worry Madam, Homegrown and I will take care of the :beerchug:for you.

End the toast with: ".... and here's to GM and another XLR model year!" .... ;)

But, mostly, just have fun! :twist::twist::twist:

End the toast with: ".... and here's to GM and another XLR model year!" .... ;)

But, mostly, just have fun! :twist::twist::twist:
We can do that. I'm sure Photo Girl will have pictures for you guys of the night. ;):worship:

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:A good friend of mine just reminded me of an obligation I have to him this weekend. I won't be able to attend.....:bawling::bawling::bawling: Darn it, darn it, darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'd say something else but I'd get thrown off). I can't get out of it. I also need to have only 1 calendar instead of the 2 I use!

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:A good friend of mine just reminded me of an obligation I have to him this weekend. I won't be able to attend.....:bawling::bawling::bawling: Darn it, darn it, darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'd say something else but I'd get thrown off). I can't get out of it. I also need to have only 1 calendar instead of the 2 I use!
We are going to miss you.:(:(:bawling::bawling::bawling:I will have extra :drink:for you.

Hotels

MMs:

Here are a couple of hotels that don't charge $20 or more for parking:

Hilton Garden Inn
$95 ($81 pre-pay or AAA) free parking

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago OHare Airport
2930 South River Road,*Des Plaines,*Illinois,*USA*60018
Tel:*+1-847-296-8900* Fax:*+1-847-296-8999*

Holiday Inn Select
CHICAGO-OHARE (ROSEMONT)
10233 WEST HIGGINS RD 
ROSEMONT, IL 60018 UNITED STATES

$94 with free parking for a regular room
there are 2 room suites available for $114

both are within a mile or less of the convention center
I called them both and they each said they have rooms available saturday nite

we would actually prefer the HI because we would get a suite...
what do you guys think?

Oh, there was another place... it was called "Cubby & Marion's Campground" but I'm not sure what the rating on that place is - probably charges a lot for parking and food and drinks!

Let me know what you guys think.
~C

Rich - we will miss you! But you will be with us in spirit(s):bar00:
~Cathy and Dave

MMs:

Here are a couple of hotels that don't charge $20 or more for parking:

Hilton Garden Inn
$95 ($81 pre-pay or AAA) free parking

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago OHare Airport
2930 South River Road,*Des Plaines,*Illinois,*USA*60018
Tel:*+1-847-296-8900* Fax:*+1-847-296-8999*

Holiday Inn Select
CHICAGO-OHARE (ROSEMONT)
10233 WEST HIGGINS RD 
ROSEMONT, IL 60018 UNITED STATES

$94 with free parking for a regular room
there are 2 room suites available for $114

both are within a mile or less of the convention center
I called them both and they each said they have rooms available saturday nite

we would actually prefer the HI because we would get a suite...
what do you guys think?

Oh, there was another place... it was called "Cubby & Marion's Campground" but I'm not sure what the rating on that place is - probably charges a lot for parking and food and drinks!

Let me know what you guys think.
~C

I've stayed at the campground--too far away from the convention center--terrible parking and if any of the white stuff comes down no body cleans the lot:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The food and drinks however are excellent and abundant:):):)

We haven't decided if we are stay up Sat nite or just driving home. If we're planning for both days we would probably just drive back up for Sun.
It will we good to see everyone again:wave::wave:

Rich, we will miss you. It just won't be the same without Homegrown.

Cathy you should get the suite at the HI.

Bruce :)

Bruce/Kathy, Dave/Cathy,

What time is everyone getting to the convention center on Saturday. We have the least distance to travel. Call or PM me, Iknow you have my number:)

Sorry to say Kris and I will not be making the trip this weekend. We both have come down with a virus and work has gotten extremely busy. So I will be spending the weekend working instead of partying. I hate when that happens. Work should never get in the way of partying with great friends. We will miss you all dearly.

Marc and Kris.:confused:

I'll miss seeing all of you as well! Rest assured, I'll be thinking of you all.... ALL DAY!!!!! Have a couple :beerchug: for me!

I'll have more than a couple for you. ;)

Sorry to say Kris and I will not be making the trip this weekend. We both have come down with a virus and work has gotten extremely busy. So I will be spending the weekend working instead of partying. I hate when that happens. Work should never get in the way of partying with great friends. We will miss you all dearly.

Guess you'll have to cut down on the trips to Hawaii, Cancun, etc. so you can make our little Midwestern trips:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope you get over your sickness', don't let that runny nose drip on the keyboard--it might short it out.:D:D

We'll be sure and have a few :drink::drink:thinking of you guys and homegrown:blinzel:

I've been sick all week. I'm sucking it up for a :party. Suck it Marc and Kris. You have Sunday to work. :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Noon Arrival time on Saturday

Bruce/Kathy, Dave/Cathy,

What time is everyone getting to the convention center on Saturday. We have the least distance to travel. Call or PM me, Iknow you have my number:)

David and I are shooting for noon. If we leave home by 8, that should be no problem ---even a guy in a minivan ought to be able to make it in that amount of time. He does have the annoying habit of obeying the speed limit.

Not sure if we will try to get into the hotel before, but we may park the car there and then go to the convention center. We can give you a call when we are getting close to town. How about Bruce and Kathy - you guys still coming?

What does Marion want for her anniversary BESIDES going to a car show??? :love:

~Quinn

What does Marion want for her anniversary BESIDES going to a car show??? :love:

~Quinn

She is perfectly content with being with friends and me at a car showor anywhere for that matter; as long as we go have some :drink::drink::drink::bar00: and of course something good to eat!! Are you staying right by the convention center--if not we can come pick you up. That way you can check-in and park your car. I don't think Dave will complain about not enough leg room in our Lincoln LS for a short distance :laugh::laugh::laugh:

See you tomorrow!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back