Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V; 1996 Eldorado ESC-V
What is Spoon Feeding?

dictionary.com defines it as follows:
spoon-feed (spnfd)
tr.v. spoon-·fed, (-fd) spoon-·feed·ing, spoon-·feeds

1. To feed (another) with a spoon.
2. To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
a. To provide (another) with knowledge or information in an oversimplified way.
b. To provide (knowledge or information) in an oversimplified way.

Most often on the forums, "spoon feeding" refers to posters who ask questions, and refuse to put any effort or thought into their questions, as well as the answers they receive. They expect every answer to be dumbed down to the last detail, and expect that everyone else do their research for them.

This is usually a characteristic of laziness, and not capability. Hence the saying, "I'm not handicapped, I'm just lazy."

What is wrong with Spoon Feeding?

Nothing, if you are unable to feed yourself.

Examples of individuals who are incapable of feeding themselves include babies (fig. A), quadriplegics, severly injured people (fig. B), comatose people, and sometimes senior citizens. Usually these people also require the use of bedpans and/or diapers.

91174851.jpg

fig. A

MU026_FULL_BODY_CAST1.jpg

fig. B

How does this pertain to me?

If you need to be spoon fed, you most likely fall into the category of the people above who cannot help themselves, and should not need a vehicle of this caliber.

What can I do? I want to change!

With just a little time, energy, common sense, and thought on your part, it should be possible to elevate yourself to a whole new level of self, and no longer require spoon feeding.

A really great way to get yourself out of the spoon-feeding rut is to search the forum for what you're looking for. Did you know you can also use Google to search the xlr-net forums? It's probably even how you found the xlr-net.com!

You can find info on search techniques and tips here.(Link to previous post, please)

“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.”

Gosh, Giz.... when I got Lola I wanted her to be MINE .... I wanted to learn everything I could about the car - I was very lucky that a couple of hundred people took me under their wing and 'spoon fed' me. We never had a car like her before .... when we got her 6 years ago, she was quite advanced with all of the computers on board, not to mention the working of the top. I'm pretty good at a lot of things - but super technically challenged - and really appreciated having a forum to go to so that I felt comfortable discussing any question or concern I had. I made so many friends here - just by generally chatting with them. True, I could have probably searched out the answers myself, but that takes the personal part from being a forum member.

Just sayin' that I still enjoy reading when the 'newbies' get their cars .... and I really like that people still respond to their questions .... I've been reading the XLR forums for years and there are still new answers to old questions that come up ....

As a fortunate " newbie" to the car and the forum I've have come across a couple of things that have stumped me with the knowledge that I had at that time. The great people on this forum have answered "to their best" all my questions and" knock on wood" all is good. When I read some of the rude reponses I either have fun with it or I go right along my way. You really get to see different attitudes from around the country. Looks like gizmo had a really bad mon. Afternoon. Just take the car for a whirl that will Britten you up!

Gosh, Giz.... when I got Lola I wanted her to be MINE .... I wanted to learn everything I could about the car - I was very lucky that a couple of hundred people took me under their wing and 'spoon fed' me. We never had a car like her before .... when we got her 6 years ago, she was quite advanced with all of the computers on board, not to mention the working of the top. I'm pretty good at a lot of things - but super technically challenged - and really appreciated having a forum to go to so that I felt comfortable discussing any question or concern I had. I made so many friends here - just by generally chatting with them. True, I could have probably searched out the answers myself, but that takes the personal part from being a forum member.

Just sayin' that I still enjoy reading when the 'newbies' get their cars .... and I really like that people still respond to their questions .... I've been reading the XLR forums for years and there are still new answers to old questions that come up ....

Yeh I'm with Lol's Mom on this and not to forget sometimes!
New questions with old answers? :dunno: LOL!!!!
I think I learn more from reading the forum here then any other source. Someone always has a comment or answer it seams to just about any question asked!
Caddyman dan :wave:

If you have a question regarding your XLR, don't hesitate to ask. These wonderful cars were new to everyone @ one time, & everyone has had questions. Try and do a search first & be patient when it comes to getting a response.:)

I saw a thread on another site where someone was asking "advise". Actually they were looking for validation of their design. The experienced guys were giving good advise and trying to help and steer the OP from making a big mistake. The advise given by the experienced guys was met with a very defensive posture. He went on to build it his way anyway.

I agree Giz. Do your research first, then if unable to resolve your question, ask. We are all to happy to help. If someone is unwilling to take the initiative to at least attempt solve their own problem first, then my inputs are probably going to fall on deaf ears.

In other words, show me what you have done first.

Bob

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back