Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fatal error message

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
When I click "Mark Forums Read" I get a page that says:
Fatal error: Call to a member function query_write() on a non-object in/home/givebrad/public_html/forums/forumdisplay.php(111) : eval()'d code on line 3

I don't get this on the Cadillacvnet site though...

The Cadillac V-Net site is running one version back of the forum software. The version we're running here has a few bugs in it which I'm waiting for the developers to fix before upgrading the Cadillac V-Net site. Let me see if I can figure out what the error is here and try to fix it....

Well, found the problem. It's related to a plugin I have running here in the forums which creates the site's homepage.

Let me see if there's a way for me to fix it...

When did you first notice this happening??

Well, found the problem. It's related to a plugin I have running here in the forums which creates the site's homepage.

Let me see if there's a way for me to fix it...

First noticed it yesterday. Thanks for taking care of this...

"Fatal Error" message is still there when I go click "Mark Messages Read". Then the next time I log in, the same posts I read the last time come up as unread.

Rod,

I can't fix the error right now. It's tied to the package that is installed that creates the site's home page from the forums. I need to delete the package and create a whole new home page for the site - which I don't have the time to do right now.

So for the time being, don't use the Mark All Forums read link until I can do the work.

OK... thanks. Wonder if anyone else is having this same problem? Or if it's just me and my computer?

Rod,

I can't fix the error right now. It's tied to the package that is installed that creates the site's home page from the forums. I need to delete the package and create a whole new home page for the site - which I don't have the time to do right now.

So for the time being, don't use the Mark All Forums read link until I can do the work.

Many thanks for doing it at all!

OK... thanks. Wonder if anyone else is having this same problem? Or if it's just me and my computer?

It's not just you. I get the same error message. I'll try and work on this today.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom