Das Boot
but my favorite war movie may be The War Of The Roses with
Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner

The Great Escape
The Dirty Dozen
The Guns of Navarone
Midway
Patton

Along with all the others everyone listed above!!

Other favorites of mine are
Zulu
The Manchurian Candidate
Lawrence Of Arabia
Apocopylse Now
Das Boot
Hey, I was gonna say that, but I didn't want to get smacked for highjacking a thread :lol:

But really - my favorite war movie was Gone With The Wind.

You got it RA.....

Gone with the Wind (our #1)
Blue and Gray
The Longest Day
Enemy at the Gates

Other favorites of mine are
Zulu
The Manchurian Candidate
Lawrence Of Arabia
Apocopylse Now
Das Boot
War of the Roses I love that movie. :D

Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Black Hawk Down

You got it RA.....

Gone with the Wind (our #1)
Blue and Gray
The Longest Day
Enemy at the Gates

You mentioned Blue and Gray and I remembered that North and South was a really great Mini Series on TV. I even bought the DVD and now I can't find it :(
Gone With The Wind is as much about the era as it is about the war, but once you start watching it....it's time to eat again. LOL

I'm a kinda Civil War addict yet I haven't been able to sit all the way through "Gone with the Wind" after trying many times. Now that you've brought it up I'll have to have another go at it.

Floyd (BB)

I'm a kinda Civil War addict yet I haven't been able to sit all the way through "Gone with the Wind" after trying many times. Now that you've brought it up I'll have to have another go at it.

Floyd (BB)

Hmmm, interesting. Ray can't watch it either .... he doesn't like the Scarlett drama ... now, if it's a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie, the drama doesn't seem to bother him .... now, what does that say??? :lol:

Hmmm, interesting. Ray can't watch it either .... he doesn't like the Scarlett drama ... now, if it's a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie, the drama doesn't seem to bother him .... now, what does that say??? :lol:

I'm with Ray all the way!!!

You're talking about two of my all-time heroes!!!

Floyd (BB)

I still remember (and love) the spoof Carol Burnett did of "Gone With The Wind". Did anyone else see it, or does anyone remember it?
Oh yeaaaah ...... she was the best .....
She got so tickled doing it that she couldn't stop laughing .... I LOVED her, Harvey, Tim and Vicky .... they were the greatest ....

Cold Mountain is a good Civil War movie. It shows the war as it really was (not a warm and fuzzy movie).

I think everyone should watch the Band of Brothers series, it might help people understand the sacrifice that was made. They were the "greatest generation" :patriot:

I enjoyed Full Metal Jacket and Saving Private Ryan. I had a hard time watching the beginning of SPR due to the Omaha Beach scene. It sure looked realistic - I couldn't imagine actually being there. The sacrifices that people in the Armed Services (and their families) make for us all...... :patriot::worship::patriot:

Some of the movies that have been mentioned can be difficult to watch, but I think it gives us a glimpse of how horrible war is.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom