Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

FNG in the house! San Antonio

Texas Shriner

Seasoned Member
Greetings to xlr.net guys and gals. I've been lurking about and decided to join. I'm a long time motor head enthusiast - Ducati motorcycles, Corvettes, etc. I recently sold my last vette and have decided to give the XLR a chance. I haven't found one yet; but, I will. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

welcome

Good Luck, and I would suggest aiming for the "V". Hawk

Welcome!!!

Just want to echo the welcomes from other forum folk. Also, FYI, there's a pretty nice '06 base model XLR for sale at Red Noland Cadillac in Colorado Springs. I test drove it, for the helluvit :chuckle and it drove well. It's the light gold color w/ a tasteful pin stripe. Has 25K miles, and they're asking about $34,900±. I'm sure it's negotiable. ;) FWIW

Tim

Greetings to xlr.net guys and gals. I've been lurking about and decided to join. I'm a long time motor head enthusiast - Ducati motorcycles, Corvettes, etc. I recently sold my last vette and have decided to give the XLR a chance. I haven't found one yet; but, I will. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Welcome! Glad you quit lurking, & think you will be too.

I think '06 and later XLR's are a safer bet. Try to be sure the engine doesn't have any major leaks and try to cycle the top up & down as much as you can before buying. There can always be a "widget" problem since these are so computerized, but that will get you a long ways.

If you find one you are definitely interested in, GET THE SERVICE RECORDS - either from a dealer or the link on here. That's really critical. I wouldn't worry if it's had some major work in the past so long as it hasn't been repeated, because it's probably been taken care of for good or at least a very long time (true of mine). But if you see repeated stuff, especially electrical, I would shy away.

I'm sure plenty of others here can give you more or better advice, but that's my 2 cents. Good luck!

Welcome! Glad you quit lurking, & think you will be too.

I think '06 and later XLR's are a safer bet. Try to be sure the engine doesn't have any major leaks and try to cycle the top up & down as much as you can before buying. There can always be a "widget" problem since these are so computerized, but that will get you a long ways.

If you find one you are definitely interested in, GET THE SERVICE RECORDS - either from a dealer or the link on here. That's really critical. I wouldn't worry if it's had some major work in the past so long as it hasn't been repeated, because it's probably been taken care of for good or at least a very long time (true of mine). But if you see repeated stuff, especially electrical, I would shy away.

I'm sure plenty of others here can give you more or better advice, but that's my 2 cents. Good luck!
Good Luck in your search. The Black one's are Faster. Nobody knows why:confused: but that's just Fact. Looking forward to seeing your Pick ! Ted :cool:

Good Luck in your search. The Black one's are Faster. Nobody knows why:confused: but that's just Fact. Looking forward to seeing your Pick ! Ted :cool:

NO! NO! NO! I gotta disagree did you hear of a the "SILVER BULLET" :rocker: :chuckle :laugh:

welcome to one of the best forums and good luck on search, like previous posters have said do your homework. Al:)

05 Grand Daddy XLR Caddy said:
No! No! No! I gotta disagree did you hear of a the "SILVER BULLET":rocker::chuckle:laugh:]

I believe you are both WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. It's always been the RED ROCKET that is the fastest.

At any rate, welcome to the forum and good luck in your search for the perfect XLR!!!

:wave: THANK YOU for the sound advice! Yes homework is important - I've already walked from several deals. It's not like I have to purchase transportation; so, time is on my side. I'll wait for the right one.

Welcome to the forum ... good luck in your search. I'm sure you will find one to your liking. :wave:

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the hunt, mine took about 6 months to find, there are a depressing number of neglected examples out there.
Test drive lots of examples. Also, check the left rear trunk under the floor where the computers are. If there are signs of water intrusion it could be problems down the road.
Bruce

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the hunt, mine took about 6 months to find, there are a depressing number of neglected examples out there.
Test drive lots of examples. Also, check the left rear trunk under the floor where the computers are. If there are signs of water intrusion it could be problems down the road.
Bruce

I'm thinkin that's great advice - Thank You

Welcome, Any Luck?

Welcome. As I haven't read 'all posts', thought I'd ask if you have located one yet? :)

Unfortunately I Don't.

I have not found one - seems the good ones get snapped up fairly quick and the really good ones can be stupidly priced. Got a lead?

REPLY: Sorry, but I do not. I went through a similar scenario before I found mine. My suggestion is to monitor Craig's List on a regular basis. As in daily. I got mine in San Diego in September. Found it on Craig's List. Their ad, not mine. If you find one with low miles in a color you like at a reasonable price. Move Fast! I had two sold out from underneath me! --- A month ago there was an 04 in Sioux Falls South Dakota with around 78,000 miles on it that the guy said he'd sell me for $21K at the time. But it had been 'rode hard and put away wet' many times. Bad history & poor maintenance background. They put new tires and brakes on it, did only the absolutely necessary repairs and raised the price. Last time I looked it was on Cars.Com. @ $24K. I paid more than this for mine but it was a one owner and lower miles (31,K miles), not a lease car like the one in Sioux Falls. --- One I missed on Craig's List was in The S.F. Bay Area. Was an 07 with 21000 miles in The Purple color. Kid had it listed for $10 K !!!!!! --- I called the very minute it showed up and he told me he had been 'besiged' by calls and that he sold it to a neighbor just as the ad posted!!! No doubt. Check all the major markets on Craig's List daily (S.F., Sacramento, San Diego, Inland Empire, Miami, Jacksonville, Minneapolis, Portland, etc.) and be 'prepared to move fast' if you find the right one! --- What was really weird is I posted 'Wanted To Buy' on Craigs List in all major markets for an 06 or newer, and they kept pulling down my ads :mad: ????? I'd repost them as fast as they pulled them down, and they'd pull them down again? This went on and on. It was like a 'war'. --- Why would they care? --- Anyhow, if I can find the right one, at the right price, so can you. :) ---Best timing? --- This winter Nationwide as not exactly top down weather in many locations. --- I did get one call in response to my ad on Craig's List. Guy in Minneapolis offered to sell me his Black Raven 04 for $21K with 22,000 miles on it. Since sold. --- I really wanted either Silver or Gold Mist so stuck to my objective.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back