For those of you that love aircraft

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
  • Admin
Pretty impressive aircraft, and you can tell they know they were very privileged to fly it.
Bruce

Very neat. Thank you.

Rob, thanks for sharing. I've always been a big fan of the SR-71. It is such a cool bird.

Bruce :patriot:

Got involved in a discussion on another forum about the coolest exhaust notes and after the initial escalations, this bird was my suggestion for the all time greatest full throttle exhaust note. The fact that it usually occurs around 4AM in cali which let's you see the 20 ft flames exiting the engines. Its a spectacular sight to see, hear, and feel.

Check this out

mmm; something to build while being ‘retired?’

This is one absolutely amazing remote controlled model airplane.
Click here <http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=SDbQ5xvsrIU>
Few years old but still a great vid of outstanding workmanship, almost like our cars. :chuckle

I was just at Oshkosh. Coronal Richard Graham (ret) was a SR-71 Blackbird pilot. He has written books; "Flying the SR-71" and "SR-71 Stories, Tales, and Legends". The second book is a collection of stories written about or by other Blackbird pilots.

There were 6 Blackbird pilots at the show. I got all of them to sign the two books that I purchased. What are the chances of that ever happening again?

I thought that it was a very special event.

Bob

I was just at Oshkosh. Coronal Richard Graham (ret) was a SR-71 Blackbird pilot. He has written books; "Flying the SR-71" and "SR-71 Stories, Tales, and Legends". The second book is a collection of stories written about or by other Blackbird pilots.

There were 6 Blackbird pilots at the show. I got all of them to sign the two books that I purchased. What are the chances of that ever happening again?

I thought that it was a very special event.

Bob

Very cool Bob, it would be great to meet the pilots and have them sign your book.:rocker: Oshkosh would be fun to see in person, maybe we'll get there one of these years. I hope you took some pictures.

Very cool Bob, it would be great to meet the pilots and have them sign your book.:rocker: Oshkosh would be fun to see in person, maybe we'll get there one of these years. I hope you took some pictures.

I used to work the Oshkosh show for several years, when I was in Canon's Video division. Its a fantastic show. I think we should try and get a group to head up there next year (doesn't the XLR have some "aircraft inspiration" in its design? :cool:). But we should plan early, it gets pretty crowded up there. :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom