Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Four, (4) Lifting pucks

johnpbaird

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Silver
I've got 4 aluminum lifting pucks that work with the Cadillac XLR and the Corvette.

Thes are the "Real Deal", not home made.

$25 for fellow members,..plus shipping... >JBAIRD1@bak.rr.com<

must have

So are these sold in pairs or all 4 included? Excuse the ignorance, just learning where I can with the the short amount of time I've had recently. I do have the full set of FSM for my car btw. Someday I am going to start familiarizing myself with those. Looking at the pictures on their site, these go near the outer under body? Under main frame area? I keep the underneath of my cars spotless, and need to get up higher so I can get under it.

Last edited:
So are these sold in pairs or all 4 included? Excuse the ignorance, just learning where I can with the the short amount of time I've had recently. I do have the full set of FSM for my car btw. Someday I am going to start familiarizing myself with those. Looking at the pictures on their site, these go near the outer under body? Under main frame area? I keep the underneath of my cars spotless, and need to get up higher so I can get under it.

There is a slot behind the rocker panel front and rear this is were you insert them and give a twist to lock in place. Found these on ebay.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Pasted form the link I provided: Price includes complete set of 4 Pucks and free domestic shipping.

BTW, everyone, Southern Car Parts is a supporting vendor of this site!! Buy from vendors that support US!

Last edited:
pucks

Cubby, I also like the leave in pucks,I never have to look for or wonder where they are. if they can't be found,they are a bmw item,about $43 a set of 4. :cool: later, Al

update: corvettemods1 sells them,$49 set.

Last edited:
This is one of those "been meaning to" items for me, and has been for awhile. This thread, and Kevin's link, has prompted me to take action. I, too, like the plug-in/leave-in aspect of the SCP offering, as my compartmental space aboard is exceedingly limited. Thanks!

I ordered 2 sets from Southern Car Parts for both XLRs and it took less than a minute each set to snap into place, then pretty much, forget about them. You can't see them unless you put your head on the ground and look under the car. Great part is when you take your baby in for service, there's no need to remember to get them out for the techs, they're already in place. :blinzel:

Pucks

Can't wait to get mine, which will be next week. I've been looking under there recently and things just don't meet my standard for cleanliness. :eek: I like things pretty much spotless under there and she needs a good scrub. So the pucks will be real handy and necessary from what I see.

How tight do your pucks lock in? I don't leave mine in their a machined aluminum. I agree its a great idea to leave in, but what happens when you bring for service and one fell out and the service guy jacks it without the one pad, and F's something up. Who's fault then? I leave mine in the pass. Side trunk hole. Along with my tire repair kit,compressor,and the dreaded fix a flat.
If I ever bring in for service I will be informing the service writer of the pucks.

How tight do your pucks lock in? I don't leave mine in their a machined aluminum. I agree its a great idea to leave in, but what happens when you bring for service and one fell out and the service guy jacks it without the one pad, and F's something up. Who's fault then? I leave mine in the pass. Side trunk hole. Along with my tire repair kit,compressor,and the dreaded fix a flat.
If I ever bring in for service I will be informing the service writer of the pucks.

:dunno: Just a suggestion, put some silicone glue about a half inch from the outer edge. Make sure surfaces are clean. Looking back, I think the hard rubber ones would be best to prevent slipping on the puck, but I'll see how the plastic ones work when I get them.

They snap in tight. There is barely any movement and you can't pull them out without some help from a screwdriver.

Stella, the aluminum and actual pucks w/eye bolts ARE NOT leave in pucks.the leave in type are smaller and have tabs that clip into the holes on the frame.they are a bmw item but as cubby said can be purchased from one of our venders. Al:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom