Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
GM to get $4 billion aid

Automotive News
February 17, 2009 - 4:00 am ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. government will release $4 billion in additional aid to General Motors today as planned, a White House aide said, ahead of the deadline for the automaker to submit a new survival plan.

The aide said GM's smaller rival Chrysler LLC's request for additional aid would be treated as a new request and dealt with separately.

GM is seeking concessions from the United Auto Workers union and creditors under the terms of its $13.4 billion federal bailout. It must submit a restructuring plan to U.S. officials on Tuesday showing how it can cut costs and pay back the loans.

President Barack Obama has decided to launch a government task force for restructuring the U.S. auto industry instead of naming a "car czar" with sweeping powers.

He is appointing Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner as his "designee" for overseeing auto bailout loans and as co-head of the new high-level panel together with White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers, a senior administration official said on Sunday.

To date, GM has received $9.4 billion in federal aid that has allowed it to stay in operation since the start of the year. It is widely expected to seek additional assistance with the restructuring plan due Tuesday.

Chrysler, controlled by Cerberus Capital Management, has been granted $4 billion in federal and is seeking an additional $3 billion.

Hey Rob, where does the line start to get some of this money our government is handing out?
GM to get $4 billion aid

Automotive News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. government will release $4 billion in additional aid to General Motors today as planned, a White House aide said, ahead of the deadline for the automaker to submit a new survival plan.

The aide said GM's smaller rival Chrysler LLC's request for additional aid would be treated as a new request and dealt with separately.

GM is seeking concessions from the United Auto Workers union and creditors under the terms of its $13.4 billion federal bailout. It must submit a restructuring plan to U.S. officials on Tuesday showing how it can cut costs and pay back the loans.

President Barack Obama has decided to launch a government task force for restructuring the U.S. auto industry instead of naming a "car czar" with sweeping powers.

He is appointing Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner as his "designee" for overseeing auto bailout loans and as co-head of the new high-level panel together with White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers, a senior administration official said on Sunday.

To date, GM has received $9.4 billion in federal aid that has allowed it to stay in operation since the start of the year. It is widely expected to seek additional assistance with the restructuring plan due Tuesday.

Chrysler, controlled by Cerberus Capital Management, has been granted $4 billion in federal and is seeking an additional $3 billion.

• Admin
Hey Rob, where does the line start to get some of this money our government is handing out?
Not sure. But God only knows, I could use a little stimulus package. :reddevil

:chuckle

Sorry we got carried away today, but that site is a real sore spot with us. I think the storm has passed.
Don't worry the stimulus will be little.

[Rob;7568]Not sure. But God only knows, I could use a little stimulus package. :reddevil:chuckle[/quote]

GM to get $4 billion aid

Automotive News

Didn't the government have a task force to oversee the Banks? That worked pretty well didn't it?:dunno::willy_nilly:

I just heard on tv tonight that ACORN is getting a big chunck of the stimulus money. What gives with this? They are a radical political group that should be behind bars. Check them out. ACORN and just see what they have been involved in and which of our elected officials used to be a big part of them. After that you will know why they are getting a big chunck of money.:pat::pat::pat::pat::pat:

I just heard on tv tonight that ACORN is getting a big chunck of the stimulus money. What gives with this? They are a radical political group that should be behind bars. Check them out. ACORN and just see what they have been involved in and which of our elected officials used to be a big part of them. After that you will know why they are getting a big chunck of money.:pat::pat::pat::pat::pat:
They are getting a big chunck because our President did work for the orginization. They also helped get him elected. Don't forget Chicago Politics. :(:ugh:

Our Commander-in-Chief was once part of ACORN. We had them in Illinois and Northwest Indiana (Gary-Hammond area) driving around in busses picking up homeless people to go and vote. Probably wining and dining them as well.

Our Commander-in-Chief was once part of ACORN. We had them in Illinois and Northwest Indiana (Gary-Hammond area) driving around in busses picking up homeless people to go and vote. Probably wining and dining them as well.

You are so correct, I knew that but just didn't want to name names. I hope you all saw on tv the demonstration in front of the Colorado State Capitol yesterday. I was invited to take part but felt I needed to stay in Colorado Sprngs and go shopping for new kitchen appliances to help get the economy back on track. This kitchen remodel is getting pretty expensive, have now laid out over $30,000.00. I wonder if I can ask the government to reimburse me. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle I also am wondering how much it cost to bring everyone to Denver and on to Phoenix. He could have signed the bill in DC and saved a bunch of money but this again is all politics as he is trying to show Colorado is now Democrate territory instead of Republican. Lets see what happens in two years.:patriot::patriot:

Boy, we need somehting new to talk about, I'm gonna throw up :jaw: :pukeface:
You are so correct, I knew that but just didn't want to name names. I hope you all saw on tv the demonstration in front of the Colorado State Capitol yesterday. I was invited to take part but felt I needed to stay in Colorado Sprngs and go shopping for new kitchen appliances to help get the economy back on track. This kitchen remodel is getting pretty expensive, have now laid out over $30,000.00. I wonder if I can ask the government to reimburse me. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle I also am wondering how much it cost to bring everyone to Denver and on to Phoenix. He could have signed the bill in DC and saved a bunch of money but this again is all politics as he is trying to show Colorado is now Democrate territory instead of Republican. Lets see what happens in two years.:patriot::patriot:

I did my part to stimulate the economy - I bought a new BBQ!! Anyone willing to make the trip will enjoy some nice juicy rib-eyes and some even better wine!

I did my part to stimulate the economy - I bought a new BBQ!! Anyone willing to make the trip will enjoy some nice juicy rib-eyes and some even better wine!

I am still full from the last dinner you put on for us. You know I offered to buy your old house if you would put it in writing that you would come and cook dinner for me every night. By the way, where is PD?????? Did you leave her locked up in the old house? She hasn't been on here for a long time. I need to know when she wants me to fly out and go shopping with her.

PD is under the weather; long-running bout with a virus that she can't shake.

She has been forced to limit her shopping to cold medicine and Ebay items delivered to the door....... :lol:

She has been forced to limit her shopping to cold medicine and Ebay items delivered to the door....... :lol:
At least she still gets to shop. Love the ebay makes it easier when your at work or sick. Hope you get better soon PD. :D:wave:

Please give my best to Doris and I hope she will feel better real soon. You need to make her some chicken noodle soup, also known as Jewish Penicillian. Works every time. My dad would fry onions and put them in a cloth bag and tie it around my neck when I was little and had pneumonia and that also seemed to work, it amazed the doctor after he had given up on trying to get me well.

My dad would fry onions and put them in a cloth bag and tie it around my neck when I was little and had pneumonia and that also seemed to work...

I'll bet it kept everyone else from getting sick also... wouldn't get close enough to you:D:D

I'll bet it kept everyone else from getting sick also... wouldn't get close enough to you:D:D
I don't remember as I was only six months old and that was a long long time ago. If I had been older I probably would have eaten them like I did the poltice that was white bread soaked in milk with sugar on it for a rusty nail that got jambed into my leg when I was climbing a tree. I still think the old home remedies are the best.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom