Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Gumball 3000

Stella

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004xlr
Anybody on the forum experience A gumball 3000 race. I was approached by my brother in law about wanting to do a gumball race. I youtubed and it looks pretty awesome. Looks like the cannonball run. Brother in law loves cars and driving aggressive just like me. I think the caddy would be great except needs a little more storage but can sacrifice. Just want to see if anyone has experienced it and how it was

Anybody on the forum experience A gumball 3000 race. I was approached by my brother in law about wanting to do a gumball race. I youtubed and it looks pretty awesome. Looks like the cannonball run. Brother in law loves cars and driving aggressive just like me. I think the caddy would be great except needs a little more storage but can sacrifice. Just want to see if anyone has experienced it and how it was

I think Richardyoo did one a few years ago. St Louis was one of the checkpoints for the 2012 Rally and I went over and spent a few hours with the teams.

A little expensive for my tastes ($40K entry fee), so I opted for the Hot Rod Power Tour instead.

That other thread pretty much covers it... :)

I didn't find that it didn't have enough luggage space... really each leg between stops is only about 4 hours so you don't need much in the cabin but a a couple bottles of water and maybe a small snack...

and I would suggest you pack the smallest bag possible... I ended up having my XLR-V transported and I flew up to meet it... my co-driver was my wife and we had 2 bags - a 22inch roller and a 24inch roller... they both fit and I still had room for a duffel bag, a first aid kit, a race helmet, and a small tool kit.

In the end I think I would have just packed a duffel back each - you have to lug your own luggage from the car to the hotel since the cars are typically parked in a "gumball pen" that puts the cars on display and is also secured. So the more junk you have to carry back and forth the more of a pain it is...

The more serious gumballers had an entourage taking care of their luggage... there were guys with a chase car (SUV, motorhome, etc) that took care of all the "details" so you could just drive...

One of the guys on the run hardly drove - he had some guy drive his car and he rode on his private plane from city to city - it was wild. It actually made sense - you would drive all day and then they would party all night... and then you had to be in your car and rolling out a 7:30am... by the 3rd day I was exhausted... some of these guys would party until 4am!

It was a blast - you'll have fun... maybe I'll do it again in the future... :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom