Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Hanging wire

hmarksanford

My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR Electra Blue
Hello everyone,
I need some help. Can someone post a picture of the back wall of the trunk showing the mechanism in the center. I have a wire hanging because the clip became detached for some reason. I need to know where to place it to keep it out of the moving parts.

Attachments

• 41823B61-BE34-4984-A07A-5267F9CE5469.jpg
    41823B61-BE34-4984-A07A-5267F9CE5469.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 353
Look for paint being marked

Hello everyone,
I need some help. Can someone post a picture of the back wall of the trunk showing the mechanism in the center. I have a wire hanging because the clip became detached for some reason. I need to know where to place it to keep it out of the moving parts.

I don't have a picture for you, but normally a push on pressure clip as you have pictured here will leave abrasions in the paint as to the location where it slides over a flat bar or relatively flat surface. Obviously if such an abrasion in the paint is noticed the open end of the pressure clip should face down, if possible. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Where us this in relation to the trunk lid? Looks like it came unclipped from an anchor point

If you are standing at the back of the car looking in the trunk, it is the center back wall. I have heard that at least the first 4 years of production had a carpet piece that covered the roof components in the back wall of the trunk, my 08 does not have that, it is exposed.
The wire is in the area of the yellow dot.

2008-cadillac-xlr-trunk2.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

Prior year models had a mesh/foam net stretched across the front of the trunk to protect/cover the front tonneau cover mechanisms.

Judging by the width of the clip space and the thickness of the linkage above it, it seems like it ought to attach there. As previously mentioned, there should be a slight scratch to indicate where it was attached.

CC

Last edited:
Prior year models had a mesh net stretched across the front of the trunk to protect the front tonneau cover mechanisms.

Judging by the width of the clip space and the thickness of the linkage above it, it seems like it ought to attach there. As previously mentioned, there should be a slight scratch to indicate where it was attached.

CC

I did not see any scratches or signs of where the clip might attach.

I did not see any scratches or signs of where the clip might attach.

I did find a picture on the internet but it didn't have enough resolution to see the details but I'm starting to think it attaches to the bar right behind the wire in the picture (like everyone else has suggested). My top is up but it has stopped working just in the last couple of days, I get the cargo divider not up error on the DIC but the divider is in place and the switch in the left tower is working because I took it out and checked it. I did all the recommended quick fixes mentioned on this site but not luck. I guess I'll be taking it in to the dealer :mad: anyway.

I did find a picture on the internet but it didn't have enough resolution to see the details but I'm starting to think it attaches to the bar right behind the wire in the picture (like everyone else has suggested). My top is up but it has stopped working just in the last couple of days, I get the cargo divider not up error on the DIC but the divider is in place and the switch in the left tower is working because I took it out and checked it. I did all the recommended quick fixes mentioned on this site but not luck. I guess I'll be taking it in to the dealer :mad: anyway.

I’m disappointed with the members of this group, I ask for help, just a simple picture of the trunk and nobody delivers.

Here you go.

IMAG2379.jpg
Hello everyone,

Most members here are not online on a daily basis as maybe some other forums. And making a statement of being disappointer in the members for you not getting a response as fast as you would like, will not get you any help on your other problem!! I took the time to respond, to let you know I won't be offering you any help to your other problem!!

I’m disappointed with the members of this group, I ask for help, just a simple picture of the trunk and nobody delivers.

Most members here are not online on a daily basis as maybe some other forums. And making a statement of being disappointer in the members for you not getting a response as fast as you would like, will not get you any help on your other problem!! I took the time to respond, to let you know I won't be offering you any help to your other problem!!

Cubby558, I thought this was a forum with enthusiastic people trying to help each other. I would have crawled in my trunk to take a picture for someone in a heartbeat. Thanks for logging on and posting a negative response instead of trying to help, your exactly what this forum needs. And by the way I didn't ask for help on the other problem.
Cheers.

theres a lot of oldies i think in the XLR owndership ranks, they are not that attached to their phones or computers, thus not as active online or here as some kids might be in a streetbike forum.
and theres very few xlr's to begin with, 14k tops and i bet only 1/10 are looking a the forum.
thus not alot of new owners getting into the XLR, new owners are the most enthused. i know i was on here every day for months when i first got my xlr.
now only pop in every few weeks.
patience...
plus some of us cant really crawl into the trunk for that pic, and might not know how to work the smartphone camera thingy, or upload it to the site !!!
hahaha
btw i'm 44, i dont fit the demographic i described, but its my best guess for why response could be a lil slow...

maybe someone should start a survey, "how old are you" now i'm curious.
welcome to xlr-net btw.

over 80

theres a lot of oldies i think in the XLR owndership ranks, they are not that attached to their phones or computers, thus not as active online or here as some kids might be in a streetbike forum.
and theres very few xlr's to begin with, 14k tops and i bet only 1/10 are looking a the forum.
thus not alot of new owners getting into the XLR, new owners are the most enthused. i know i was on here every day for months when i first got my xlr.
now only pop in every few weeks.
patience...
plus some of us cant really crawl into the trunk for that pic, and might not know how to work the smartphone camera thingy, or upload it to the site !!!
hahaha
btw i'm 44, i dont fit the demographic i described, but its my best guess for why response could be a lil slow...

maybe someone should start a survey, "how old are you" now i'm curious.
welcome to xlr-net btw.

I think most owners are 80 and over

I think most owners are 80 and over

I was wondering how many members there were in this forum. A demographics survey of the members would be interesting. I’m 61 but I work as a systems administrator for the Army so I’m used to getting familiar to new technology.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom