Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Happy 4th of July

I hope everyone has a safe 4th. No accidents.
I don't know if anyone elses towns have cancelled the fireworks but all the towns around here has. They can't afford them this year. The only place to go see fireworks around here is Chicago and they are tonight. This year I'll just sit on my deck and watch the rest of the neighborhood let off fireworks.
:patriot:

Happy 4th of July, it is also rainy in Colorado. Colorado Springs will not be doing fireworks this year, however, Ft. Carson is opening theirs to the general public for the first time. You have to jump thru hoops to get on base so it remains to be seen how many civilians will be able to get in. At least our fire danger is way down so that is a good thing. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Happy 4th of July, it is also rainy in Colorado. Colorado Springs will not be doing fireworks this year, however, Ft. Carson is opening theirs to the general public for the first time. You have to jump thru hoops to get on base so it remains to be seen how many civilians will be able to get in. At least our fire danger is way down so that is a good thing. :patriot::patriot::patriot:
With all the towns around here not having them this year I think our fire danger will be up. Not to mention injuries. Everyone is going to do them themselves. You can go across the border to Indiana and get some really good stuff. Around here they have been setting off fireworks for about a week now. It usually goes on for another week after fourth.

Remember out troops this 4 of July

The 4 of July is a time for America to celabrate. At this moment that you read this our troops our engaged in a major offensive in Afganistan.. Take a moment today and say a prayer for them and there famlies. :patriot:

Fred

It's absolutely beautiful here! The 4th is suppose to be rainy, so we will enjoy the day today.

Have a great one! :patriot:
Misty will certainly be safe today - she'll stay in the garage because it's COLD AND RAINY!!! :confused: This is the kind of weather that makes me go on road trips to anywhere south of here!

I hope the rest of you are enjoying significantly better weather and have a great, safe 4th of July!

Do you know how many of your direct ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War? I started with my Gr Gr Gr Gr Grandfather Jesse Law to become a member of the Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Since then I have discovered four more direct GR GR GR GR Grandfathers and several of their brothers that also were involved to give us the freedoms we enjoy today. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Do you know how many of your direct ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War? I started with my Gr Gr Gr Gr Grandfather Jesse Law to become a member of the Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Since then I have discovered four more direct GR GR GR GR Grandfathers and several of their brothers that also were involved to give us the freedoms we enjoy today. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

I had two on my mother's side of the family.

Everyone have a great & safe 4th!!

Floyd (BB)

Sunny Santee ... Low 80's .... family and friends - we'll swim, BBQ and watch the local display at night. They still tie the display to the patriotic music that you can "tune" to on one of the local radio stations. Most every locality ties into it. So if you are down at one of the beach displays the choreography is similar ... we can see 2 cities firing off from ours ...

In the little community where we live, we have a Pearl Harbor survivor :patriot:, and a good number of war veterans. The front drive into the gates are lined along the curbs with little tiny flags all the way in .... someone goes from home to home and plants a little flag in front of each of the 300 mailboxes.

I love the 4th of July .... for all of the reasons... that we celebrate our Independence - and pray that we always will ... from all countries; that we honor those who are fighting and fought; and that we come together and remember that.

It's pretty interesting to hear how the 4th is celebrated ... my favorite is my girlfriend in Franklin, MI .... they still have a local "parade" through town, bike, trikes, cars, people just walking and waving flags ... wagon floats, participants "throw" candy to the watching children .. whatever - and the whole town dresses up in patriotic colors/outfits (girls with glitter, ribbons and sequins) to watch it ... music is provided from the school bands ... Now, doesn't that take you back a step? Pretty refreshing and sounds great to me. :patriot:

Yep .... Happy 4th to you all .... !!

Sunny Santee ... Low 80's .... family and friends - we'll swim, BBQ and watch the local display at night. They still tie the display to the patriotic music that you can "tune" to on one of the local radio stations. Most every locality ties into it. So if you are down at one of the beach displays the choreography is similar ... we can see 2 cities firing off from ours ...

In the little community where we live, we have a Pearl Harbor survivor :patriot:, and a good number of war veterans. The front drive into the gates are lined along the curbs with little tiny flags all the way in .... someone goes from home to home and plants a little flag in front of each of the 300 mailboxes.

I love the 4th of July .... for all of the reasons... that we celebrate our Independence - and pray that we always will ... from all countries; that we honor those who are fighting and fought; and that we come together and remember that.

It's pretty interesting to hear how the 4th is celebrated ... my favorite is my girlfriend in Franklin, MI .... they still have a local "parade" through town, bike, trikes, cars, people just walking and waving flags ... wagon floats, participants "throw" candy to the watching children .. whatever - and the whole town dresses up in patriotic colors/outfits (girls with glitter, ribbons and sequins) to watch it ... music is provided from the school bands ... Now, doesn't that take you back a step? Pretty refreshing and sounds great to me. :patriot:

Happy Independence Day to ALL!!!
Here in Montana, we do the same thing. Laurel, about 15 miles to the west of where I live, in Billings, has a parade route that is about 3-4 miles long... I clown in it for the Shrine, driving my little 6 foot long Ford van. It's really a BLAST!!! The eyes of the children, young and old, just light up when the clowns drive by. Then, Laurel has the largest fireworks display in Montana... at least in the area. Cindy has the day off, but I had to paint a car this morning. So, Cindy also went to work... with nobody around on campus, she will probably get a LOT of work done.

Happy 4th...

Misty will certainly be safe today - she'll stay in the garage because it's COLD AND RAINY!!! :confused: This is the kind of weather that makes me go on road trips to anywhere south of here!

I hope the rest of you are enjoying significantly better weather and have a great, safe 4th of July!

I am not so sure our weather is going to be what we would prefer but nothing can change the reason we celebrate this day...We live in the greatest country in the world...freedom abounds us, everything from our right to vote, to worship, to sit on our front porch and watch the fire works, the list is endless, and last but not least the freedom to drive our American cars through our beautiful country and enjoy good friends..so each of you have a wonderful July 4th....

Happy Anniversary DD and Quinn. Have a great day.

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes! 28 years...of those, we've been together for the day only about half the time. Very often David was on the road with the band and I stayed home with the kids 'cause if you don't do 4th of July with your children they will turn into Commies ---or worse! Sometimes we all went along and then I could play "the groupie with the kids that belonged to the guitar player." :rocker:

We're laying a little low this year. The kids are coming out for dinner, but David is still recuperating from the appendectomy on the 22nd and the kidney stone procedure on the 29th. He's resting up for the upcoming Marauding weekend.

There's no parade in Avoca but there are fireworks (about 6 or 7 of them - but since they wait 10 minutes in between them, the show seems pretty long).

When we first moved here, we went to the parade in the next town. It's kind of like Ruth Ann described, but...

• there's 3 bands! - the Pep band opens the parade
  • the JR high band is in the middle
  • the kids from the Pep band quickly go back to the start of the parade and join the full marching band and do the route again
  • um... floats? Well, the guy with the local Porta Potty business drives his trailer in the parade (hope they're empty, but wouldn't swear to it)
  • one of the bars had a float that year that consisted of a flatbed with 2 guys sitting at a card table with 2 blow-up dolls in the other 2 chairs - the banner read: "Wolfy's Bar - where the girls all get prettier at closing time"
Some of you have met one of my daughters - she done pritty dern good fer where she come from, I recon!

Anyway, hope the weather is great for all of you and enjoy the holiday! :patriot:
~Quinn

The 4th

Stay safe, have fun, and remember our troops! :patriot:
I'm having about dozen friends over for a cook-out (eat-in) since it's going to rain all day. Lots to do! :willy_nilly::willy_nilly: George

...and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Quinn and DD :worship: 28 yrs. WOW :love:

Rained here all day today. Rain finally stopped around 9:00pm and boy did the fireworks start and so did the sirens. My Samantha, that is my dog, doesn't like them.
Hope everyone had a good 4th. :patriot:

Bald Eagle

6:10 A.M., Just saw a magnificent Bald Eagle flying West towards Pikes Peak while sitting out on the patio with Digby, my Schnauzer. You just can't mistake them with their White head, large wingspan and graceful motion in flight. What a way to start the day. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

What a great 4th! Did you all take a look at the moon last night when it was it's brightest? One of the thoughts I had was that all of my forum friends were celebrating and looking at the same one from all over the U.S, ... and then all of the fireworks raining down just made it all so much brighter. :patriot:

Whew ... when holidays fall on a Saturday, that just extends over to Sunday ... we are BBQ'ing again ... and more pool time for the littlest grandboy who's earning his flippers!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom