Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Happy Thanksgiving

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is a week from today! Where has the year gone.:dunno:

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We have SO much to be thankful for.:)

I'm happy to report that so far our weather is predicted to be warm and wonderful - and hopefully our Thanksgiving Day - and yours - will be the same. :love:

We will be 35-40 at my oldest daughter's home ... family, friends, good health, peace and a good glass of wine ... that's my list of things to be thankful for .... and of course Lola ....!

H A P P Y ~ T H A N K S G I V I N G ! !

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We're so thankful that we found such great friends through such a cool car!
~Cathy and David

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL....I'm staying local and looking at the weather forecast, I think that's a good thing. If you are travelling, keep a cool head and BE SAFE!

We've been busy in the kitchen all day for tomorrow...
So much food! So little time .... ummmmm - yummmmmm ;)

I'm on dessert and appetizer detail for tomorrow... last night I baked 2 pumpkin pies (using fresh pumpkin) and 4 dozen artichoke/colby-jack cheese quiche cups. Tonight I made a chocolate pecan tart and a
all-chocolate boston creme pie. Can you tell I like chocolate - especially when it comes to making desserts??

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to one and all, enjoy family and friends.

:blinzel:

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Having a great time in Mesa, beautiful weather, good friends and family to be with. Had lunch yesterday at Houston's on Camelback Rd. Sat. morning Jetboy is joining me for breakfast. Today I will be with my family in Gold Canyon for Turkey dinner with all the other good food. Didn't take long to learn my way around, streets are layed out like they should be.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I'm on dessert and appetizer detail for tomorrow... last night I baked 2 pumpkin pies (using fresh pumpkin) and 4 dozen artichoke/colby-jack cheese quiche cups. Tonight I made a chocolate pecan tart and a
all-chocolate boston creme pie. Can you tell I like chocolate - especially when it comes to making desserts??

That all sounds great! And that's just the desserts! Have a great day.:wave:

Today was... perfect. Peaceful. I am so thankful for all I have .... aren't you??

And one of the best things??? I made the most perfect gravy that I have ever made in 44 years of trying .... :silly:

I'm still washing pots/pans..:pat:...............course, I started drinking early, since just about everything I cooked needed a splash of wine. Some red, some white, all of it was good!

I'm still washing pots/pans..:pat:...............course, I started drinking early, since just about everything I cooked needed a splash of wine. Some red, some white, all of it was good!

Not sure what a "splash" of wine is.:dunno: I usually use a "gurgle" of wine in my cooking... No wait, I mean in my glass. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly: OK... both:naughty:

Splash is best quantified as a "sliding scale" unit of measurement.

When I first start, a splash is about three ounces. As the day progresses, I begin using a standard wine glass to hold the splash; but sometimes I see it will be too much for the recipe so I consume the portion not required in the cooking process.

Later on, my need for consumption becomes part of the cooking process......

That progresses to the point where personal consumption overtakes the cooking process and I just say to hell with it; I'm calling the pizza delivery guy !!

Greetings from a chilly but sunny Black Friday in Central Illinois. Woodstove cranking out the heat and leftovers for breakfast!

Bob

Nothing like fried, mashed potato pancakes. Better yet, fried stuffing pancakes. Fried turkey is good, fried cranberry sauce - not so good.....:(

Here's an old recipe from when my mom wanted to 'use up' the Thanksgiving mashed ..... mix potatoes with a lot of sugar and a little flour .... make flat 'donuts' .... and FRY in hot oil .... roll in powder sugar .... yummmm .... really!:D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom