Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlights replacement

totally ruined jag. the ugliest I have ever seen I had to go and search it out They call it Frankenjag and 99.9% of articles call it the most vulgar thing they have ever seen done to a jag. We may have to do this with our cars but I hope someone does a better job and tries to improve it instead of grossing it out. one magazine heading below

Is this even real? We can't believe that somebody took the Jaguar E-Type, widely considered one of the most beautiful cars ever made, and merged it with a Nissan 370Z.

Last edited:
LTS

I love the XKE and its story it is one of the great sportcar ever made.

The XKE modified…. obviously if this car was a salvage car, the credit has to be given to the one who put back that E on the road.

It is a matter of taste, I would call it Frankenroll again as this car is back on the street and it still rolling.

That all it counts.

Chapeau :wave:(hat up)

IAN.

Maybe we just all need to switch to these!:laugh: (From John McCormick’s XLR book)

Attachments

• DCA00FD0-8CC0-457E-AF01-E0472F344F4E.jpg
    DCA00FD0-8CC0-457E-AF01-E0472F344F4E.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 258
Strange GM, XLR headlights

xlrating.

That looks to me a some kind of testing for other models ( a Pontiac soltice test?), as the so call headlights dont fit at all and has no looks for fitting the XLR headlights housing.

The black painted grill and its Cadillac crest, the round foglamps and the after market wheels looks to me more a customised XLR prototype in a repair shop than a GM testing laboratory.

Never the less, why not putting this type of headlights ( due to the no longer available parts ) if the owner wants to keep its XLR out of a salvage yard, it will for sure looks really bad for a flagship vehicule of GM.....actually, do the owner and GM really care.

Thanks….. for this funny search.

IAN :blinzel:

Last edited:
Ian -

There’s other pictures in that book (which is a great book & documents the development of the XLR) showing that car out for testing, and also mentioning that GM heavily camouflaged it when it was out and about because they didn’t want people thinking that’s what the car would really look like! So I trust that it actually was part of the testing. Just ironic they did that back then given the current parts issues.

XLARTING.

Correct.... after made a copy, pasting and zooming the photo, yes.... the car seems to be more a camouflage.

The photo shows other XLR on hoists, the passenger side outside mirror seems to be a corvette type one, the stee.wheel is black and inside there seems to have some ones busy in their work, on both seat.

The headlights for sure is not a camouflage but an ugly merchandising way for promoting the arriving of the new XLR with no name plates on.

The Book (125 pages ) has been written by John Mc Cornick in 2003 before the 2004 introduction, for sure he did it closely with GM, this fine book.
This book was supposed to be given with the purchase of an XLR , for some reasons they dropped the idea.

Presently this book is selling at some too expensive prices for the XLR enthousiats….instead, I purchased the German version and brochure of the EVOQ complete press kit and an XLR car fine sales brochures with all its features…. saving the money to get a diecast XLR from Europe.

Thanks for your correction.

IAN:thumbsup

Headlight up dated with a look alike XLR on a KiA concept car.???

Hi member.

Find enclosed a photo of a KIA concept car, that its silhouette looks like an XLR/Corvette updated.

The headlights could very well be customised like this KIA, for an old XLR been in an accident and to keep it away from the salvage yard.

IAN :wave:

download.jpg

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry