Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Help me please... Base or 'V'

I second the nomination! [Oh, yeah; that's something different...] The "Light Platinum" on the '06 is a wonderful color; it almost never looks dirty. When it does get road dust on it (we DO have some dirt roads around here), I just rinse it off. Looks fine. :D

Tim

Mine is silver and it stays clean looking. The dust barely shows on it.
I have never driven a base XLR but I sure like the way my V runs.:cool:

I second the nomination! [Oh, yeah; that's something different...] The "Light Platinum" on the '06 is a wonderful color; it almost never looks dirty. When it does get road dust on it (we DO have some dirt roads around here), I just rinse it off. Looks fine. :D

Tim

I agree... go with the light platinum. With already having 2 black vettes, it's about time you have a little time on your hands (that is, time that is NOT taken up cleaning black automobiles).

I think it is tarnished silver?

but dirt truly never shows!

Most of the colors are known by two names; The Tarnished Silver is the engineering name (used by the factory) and the marketing name (used by the dealers, etc.) was Light Platinum. If you go to the Model Center on this site, you can look up each year's production and it will list both names.

I think it is tarnished silver?

but dirt truly never shows!

for that price something had to be wrong with the Star Black car

That was just way too low for an 06 Star Black car. Even somewhat rough it would be worth that.
Airmike is right, the V is the way to go, I drove his and it's way more fun than a base model. I bought a very low mileage Star Black car that is almost 100% perfect, but it just not compare to Airmike's car in driving fun. The supercharger just sounds awsome and that car moves out quite quickly.
Now I don't regret the base car, it's still fun as heck, gets good mileage (right at 20 MPG), but it runs like the 300 HP 5.0 mustangs of the past. No bad, but not super great and face it your only going to drive the car 3-5k miles per year so who cares if it get 16 MPG or 20 MPG.
Plus the V car has a very cool looking grill.
You got my 2 cents worth and I ride sport bikes and feel the need for speed:chuckle

Interesting...I get 21 MPG average, and I put my foot in it often...the N* is reputed to get 28mpg on the highway.

mods?

That was just way too low for an 06 Star Black car. Even somewhat rough it would be worth that.
Airmike is right, the V is the way to go, I drove his and it's way more fun than a base model. I bought a very low mileage Star Black car that is almost 100% perfect, but it just not compare to Airmike's car in driving fun. The supercharger just sounds awsome and that car moves out quite quickly.
Now I don't regret the base car, it's still fun as heck, gets good mileage (right at 20 MPG), but it runs like the 300 HP 5.0 mustangs of the past. No bad, but not super great and face it your only going to drive the car 3-5k miles per year so who cares if it get 16 MPG or 20 MPG.
Plus the V car has a very cool looking grill.
You got my 2 cents worth and I ride sport bikes and feel the need for speed:chuckle

I consistently get 27MPG with my base (going 80-85MPH)... twice I've even gotten 32MPG - once on the way to San Antonio, following First Robin from Colorado Springs, CO to Las Cruces, NM... the other coming back from Idaho Falls, ID through the park coming out at Gardiner, MT.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom