Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help on gearshift knob

steve246810

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Star black XLR, #221
Anyone know of GM part number (or where to get or even idea's) 2006 Star Black base XLR, my shift knob cracked and as the car is almost perfect, I want to get it either fixed, replaced or whatever. Any knowledge on this would be appreciated, I have not yet even been able to come up with a GM part number for this little sucker. HELP me please:dunno:

I'll check and see if I still have the box with the part #, I ordered one years ago and changed mine out from shale to black when I did my interior upgrade. I'll post it later tonight, if I can find it.

I checked gmpartsdirect.com and they have changed their site--I couldn't find it:dunno:

Anyone know of GM part number (or where to get or even idea's) 2006 Star Black base XLR, my shift knob cracked and as the car is almost perfect, I want to get it either fixed, replaced or whatever. Any knowledge on this would be appreciated, I have not yet even been able to come up with a GM part number for this little sucker. HELP me please:dunno:

The part # I ordered, which was a black knob with dark wood was: 15144747 Current cost on gmpartsdirect is $70.32 plus shipping and handling. You might call your dealer and see it they can look up the shale knob with the wood color you need.

The VIN should give your dealer everything that is needed to get the correct part number and part.

You can also check ebay, I have seen them from time to time. There is one vendor by the name of VetteWrecks and he carries quite a few "new" OEM XLR parts. He has had OEM shift knobs up for purchase frequently.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry