Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Here we go again

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
:pat: Here I sit ..... waiting for the Cadillac rescue team to show up ....

I've had a cold all week, so Lola was only driven once in the last week .... I saw the dreaded "stabilitrak" warning flickering and thought, uh-oh .... then, I went out this morning to make my weekly trek to the dentist .... hmmmm, fob didn't open the door .... went and got Ray's key's .... :( no go again ..... the battery is dead as a door nail. :willy_nilly:

I guess I've gotten my standard 2 years out of the battery ...

Fortunately, I still have a few months left on the warranty.

This just makes me think about downline service ... :confused:

Haha .... whatever is Obama gonna do to keep that Limo in parts??? :lol:

RA, you jinxed yourself by saying u didn't hear alot about problems anymore. SLAP/SLAP. I have had the same battery for 4 years but I don't drive it everyday like u do. Bruce told me I better put in a new one before we head to SA. I'm looking at new tires now.

Miss u and can't wait to see you guys soon.

Miss you too, Markie .... :love:
He**, ain't the first time I've been slapped! :reddevil

Yeah, you know, both times my battery has gone out I got that same sporadic "stabilitrak" message .... I had a feeling it was gonna happen. I've been told twice now that my dd is actually more wear and tear on the battery than anything else. Bruce tells me it takes more juice to fire her up than my trips to the stores can rejuvenate .... so .... I guess I'm my own worst enemy. Plus .... Ray drives THE TRUCK to and from work, so Lola sits most of time just preening in the garage. So .... I guess I will just have to take her farther than the mall :blinzel:

Bruce gives good advice .... you don't want to get stuck in the middle of the desert needing a battery for an XLR .... you might be sitting a long time :D

xxoo

I do the same as you Ruthie, it's my grocery cart on the weekends and maybe once to dinner. I'll probably jinx myself SLAP/SLAP by posting this but just one battery change in 3 years and they just did that as a courtesy to something else that was not working very well and thought it best to change it out.
I saw on the news that if GM goes BK the judge would assign the warrantys to an aftermarket company. O boy, we are are in deep do do now.
Miss you too, Markie .... :love:
He**, ain't the first time I've been slapped! :reddevil

Yeah, you know, both times my battery has gone out I got that same sporadic "stabilitrak" message .... I had a feeling it was gonna happen. I've been told twice now that my dd is actually more wear and tear on the battery than anything else. Bruce tells me it takes more juice to fire her up than my trips to the stores can rejuvenate .... so .... I guess I'm my own worst enemy. Plus .... Ray drives THE TRUCK to and from work, so Lola sits most of time just preening in the garage. So .... I guess I will just have to take her farther than the mall :blinzel:

Bruce gives good advice .... you don't want to get stuck in the middle of the desert needing a battery for an XLR .... you might be sitting a long time :D

xxoo

I know this has nothing to do with your battery problem, but I feel your pain. Suffering with a cold right now, been getting dental work done. I thought I would be some what done with the dentist yesterday. Nope! He found a cracked tooth and another cavity. I have been working at getting all my dental work done since December, the rate I'm going won't be done until about the time for San Antonio. All this dental work and cold bites. Sorry for highjacking Madam. :rolleyes:

RA, you jinxed yourself by saying u didn't hear alot about problems anymore. SLAP/SLAP. I have had the same battery for 4 years but I don't drive it everyday like u do. Bruce told me I better put in a new one before we head to SA. I'm looking at new tires now.

Miss u and can't wait to see you guys soon.

Marc, I had to put a new battery in Diana's (Indy Colts Fan) '06 V on Monday.

Bruce :wave:

Hey, Missy .... Good to see you online again ... :wave: ... I love the coat story ... :lol: I'd like to be at the hotel when the UPS truck arrives with your sent ahead luggage ... Ray will be glad to help the driver bring up the suitcases! :chuckle

There's gonna be time to SHOP on the Riverwalk ... maybe UPS will have an empty truck that they can load for the way home ... :lol: ... I hear that there is some really nice bling shops .... ummmmm - diamonds! Hmmm, tell Marc they won't need to be sent .... you can wear those home!

If PD comes I know we will need a UPS truck between my Jaimie, Ruthie and PD, I wonder if those trucks can keep up with the convoy coming home?:chuckle Yea Jaimie is a shopper...........dah!, she's a girl. Standing over my should she reminds me that she is now 30 and is a lady not a girl.............oooooops!
Hey, Missy .... Good to see you online again ... :wave: ... I love the coat story ... :lol: I'd like to be at the hotel when the UPS truck arrives with your sent ahead luggage ... Ray will be glad to help the driver bring up the suitcases! :chuckle

There's gonna be time to SHOP on the Riverwalk ... maybe UPS will have an empty truck that they can load for the way home ... :lol: ... I hear that there is some really nice bling shops .... ummmmm - diamonds! Hmmm, tell Marc they won't need to be sent .... you can wear those home!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom