Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

How Many Miles?

dug-mac

Seasoned Member
Just wondering the mileage of your vehicles. Does anyone think 37,000 miles is a lot for an 07 XLR? The pricing guides all credit the vehicle for low miles but I'm not so sure this is low mileage when it comes to an XLR - your thoughts?

7500 per year is considered low miles by most insurance companies. I have almost 25,000 on my '06. My DTS will be a year old next month and I have 2,500 miles on it, now that is really low miles.

06 27,000 miles. 10,000 miles in a year and a half.

It seems there are many XLR's around with very few miles... I'm wondering how an XLR with 37K on the odometer would differ from when it was brand new assuming it has had good care (and most XLR's have I suspect). Any thoughts?

It seems there are many XLR's around with very few miles... I'm wondering how an XLR with 37K on the odometer would differ from when it was brand new assuming it has had good care (and most XLR's have I suspect). Any thoughts?

I've got an 06 with 25K miles and it drives like new.. Not sure what thy are asking for it, but you should be able to find one with low miles. I bought both of mine with less than 15K on them.

I'm asking $37,500 for mine, that should give you a point of reference..

I purchased a 04 w/5,500 miles 4 months ago. Just saw a thunder gray on eBay believe a 06 taking bids. All depends if you bought for a daily driver or to keep enjoy and get some good resale value.

Sorry let me revise that it's a 04 red xlr w/5100 taking bids at 28,000 right now.

Bought my '06 V in mid-February of 2011 with 23,300 miles. Today, approximately 14.5 months later, I've reached 35,000 miles for an average of almost 814 miles per month or 9765 annualized.

No one knows their future, but I bought this gem for the long haul. I look for good opportunities to take her out... and create others ; ) I use another vehicle for a work commute that totals about 100 miles per week, but if we go out for dinner afterward... it's the XLR.

I initially had some qualms about adding "unnecessary", or "excessive" mileage... but I've come to terms with it. If I take good care of her, I believe she'll return the favor.

Bought my '06 V in mid-February of 2011 with 23,300 miles. Today, approximately 14.5 months later, I've reached 35,000 miles for an average of almost 814 miles per month or 9765 annualized.

No one knows their future, but I bought this gem for the long haul. I look for good opportunities to take her out... and create others ; ) I use another vehicle for a work commute that totals about 100 miles per week, but if we go out for dinner afterward... it's the XLR.

I initially had some qualms about adding "unnecessary", or "excessive" mileage... but I've come to terms with it. If I take good care of her, I believe she'll return the favor.
Yes she will .... the Professor has over 200,000k on his .... mine is a mere baby with 50k .... those NorthStars are meant to run. Have fun .... :rocker:

I bought my '07 V last year from a U.S.dealer, sight unseen (except for photos) with 34000 miles (now 36000). It lived its entire life in the north and northeast U.S., and I think it had seen significant all-season use. Have had some leaks in the power steering and front cover area, a few suspension bushings had to be replaced, and a noisy exhaust fixed. Apart from that and some cosmetic issues, it has been fine. I bought a 3-year extended (GM) warranty and I would echo the views of other forum members that if a warranty is available, it's a good idea.

Now if someone would send us up here out in the middle of the Atlantic some temperatures above 40 degrees F, it would be very much appreciated!

I bought my '05 almost 3 years ago with 130K on it ... it now has 170K on it and it runs great!

My 2000 DTX just clicked over 203K on the way to Indy this weekend. :wave:

My Northstars run great - they actually PREFER to be driven!

Holy moly! I bought my '06 with 40k miles a couple months ago for $26.7k, it was a one owner and looks as good as new. I guess I got a pretty solid deal on it. I'm having a hard time not driving it.

My '07 has a little over 32,000 on it. I bought it with 3750 on it in, started driving it in August '08 and have been loving it ever since!!!! I try to keep it out of the rain, but sometimes, it just happens. Only seen snow once, on the way to a funeral in Minnesota over Easter weekend last year.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom