Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

How one can detect obsession...

AL_Jazz

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'05 XLR Xenon Blue
...so I guess one could say I am obsessed with my car. How do you know one might ask...well, I just paid a ridiculous amount on e-Bay for an unopened original Hot Wheels XLR in Xenon Blue and ripped it open the day I got it so I could put it on my desk at work :)

model.jpg

YUP!

...so I guess one could say I am obsessed with my car. How do you know one might ask...well, I just paid a ridiculous amount on e-Bay for an unopened original Hot Wheels XLR in Xenon Blue and ripped it open the day I got it so I could put it on my desk at work :)

View attachment 5687

Yup: Obsessed! I like to think that is a good thing.....:burnout:

BTW: Beautiful photo of your car! How did you do that: new white concrete, raised front porch/ladder?

EDIT: Just had brain blip....... Looked closer.....that's the friggin model....

Last edited:

View attachment 5687

You're on the right path, those little models are cool!

But ... you may have a ways to go - I have TWO of those on my desk at work, one like yours & one gold one with the top down. Not to mention I don't know how many Norev & Hot Wheels models (two different varieties at that) that my husband has snapped up over a number of years - he's responsible for the buys! He makes the fair point XLR stuff is hard to find so if it's within his price range (some things are ridiculously overpriced) he gets it.

Here's some of our decoration - XLR man cave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 375

View attachment 5687

That's fun!

...makes the fair point XLR stuff is hard to find so if it's within his price range (some things are ridiculously overpriced) he gets it....

Those are AWESOME! I want the drop top one too! Ok, the hunt is on.

Bit of a collector myself

Have found a few over the years. Gizmo was nice enough to sell me the remote controlled V, it wasn't black like this and he didn't want to tear it apart and part it. The XLR print is from the Bowling Green Plant. I believe it hung in the lobby. Had to have the CTS-VR of Andy Pilgrim. Looking for the second gen CTS-VR cars and also the new ATS-VR cars if anyone sees them out there. Last picture is my den wall.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

same here!

I just bought a black raven one on ebay. LOL. Looks GREAT on my coffee table. :thumbsupDSC04307.jpg

Maybe we need to start a forum garage for toy models! :chuckle

Cubby - we also got a model of Andy's CTS-VR (1st gen) - those are hard to find! The ATS-VR is super wicked looking, enough to make me wish I could get an ATS-V & make it look like that.

These are two of the more unusual ones Mike has found - "boom car" XLR's. Got the black one cheap because the windshield was all bent down. Mike took a heat gun to it, worked it back into place & it's good as new!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 411
...it is nice to know I am in good company.

cubby! you got a picture of my car, purple xlr... i dont think wife would let me hang a pic like that up anywhere though...
is it an 07 or an 04 ?
nevermind. its def an 07 !!

Ooooo, I want! (Since it looks close to mine. :) )

I have an Andy Pilgrim story. One of my friends is good friends with him, and he was always putting Andy stories in our Corvette Club newsletter. Me = come on, Andy isn't driving Vettes! So, Andy came to our Vette show, and my friend brings him over to my car, messing with me big time, of course. He said "Don't you want Andy to sign your car?" So, yeah, under the hood of my 68 Corvette it says "I love you, Liz. Andy" :lol:

Phil - the XLR's pictured on this thread never have any problems at all! :chuckle

I have an Andy Pilgrim story. One of my friends is good friends with him, and he was always putting Andy stories in our Corvette Club newsletter. Me = come on, Andy isn't driving Vettes! So, Andy came to our Vette show, and my friend brings him over to my car, messing with me big time, of course. He said "Don't you want Andy to sign your car?" So, yeah, under the hood of my 68 Corvette it says "I love you, Liz. Andy" :lol:

Andy Pilgrim is great! Mike & I met him at a Cadillac event a few years ago, he was very down to earth & had a collection of really funny stories. Lot of fun to talk to. I'm jealous of your Corvette!

Liz,
Both Andy and Johnny O were Corvette Racing drivers before going to Cadillac Racing. We've had a great time with them both at many Midwest Pirelli Challenge races. Johnny even parked his own CTS-V in our personal corral at Mid-Ohio one year. Got pics somewhere, but not on my iPad. Both great racers and very personable! The picture I bought at Bowling Green Corvette Club car show that the XLR's were invited to. All the funds went to charity, so it's special to me even though my V is Infrared. Maybe my wife will sell it when I die! :laugh:

Feed your obsession: If you don't already have it, pick up a copy of John McCormick's "XLR" book, and get a copy of the original 2004 XLR sales pamphlet.

CCC :wave:

View attachment 5687

Al that's me then too! I actually have 3 model 2 - 1/18 and 1 - 1/43 scale which I know this sounds odd, but the small 1/43 scale the trunk opens and I can manually stow the top or return back up to coupe style. Where the large 1/18 scale the trunk will not open at all. I keep one of these at work still in the box, and also still in the boxes the other 2 for car shows!
1/43 scale
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441637858.712528.jpg
1/18 scale
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441638210.740177.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
Maybe we need to start a forum garage for toy models! :chuckle

Cubby - we also got a model of Andy's CTS-VR (1st gen) - those are hard to find! The ATS-VR is super wicked looking, enough to make me wish I could get an ATS-V & make it look like that.

These are two of the more unusual ones Mike has found - "boom car" XLR's. Got the black one cheap because the windshield was all bent down. Mike took a heat gun to it, worked it back into place & it's good as new!

Amy love the Laser art piece too! I bet that would look great with the cool Blue too!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Amy love the Laser art piece too! I bet that would look great with the cool Blue too!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'm pretty sure you can get it in blue. We have one with both our cars that can change into many different colors, including several shades of blue. After we got ours the co. used the drawings of ours to sell similar ones on eBay.

Hard to to see (it's crystal clear in person but the iPad doesn't photograph it so well) but here's the one with both our cars changed to blue, just for you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 278
I'm pretty sure you can get it in blue. We have one with both our cars that can change into many different colors, including several shades of blue. After we got ours the co. used the drawings of ours to sell similar ones on eBay.

Hard to to see (it's crystal clear in person but the iPad doesn't photograph it so well) but here's the one with both our cars changed to blue, just for you!

That is awesome! I love the LED and etched Acrylic plaques. I am getting a new WindResitor panel to replace mine which has fracture cracking and it will have the Cadillac emblem and say "...a gentleman's Corvette" under it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom