Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Leaving the top down for days?

pcm2a

Seasoned Member
I've left the top down on the XLR for 4 days now I would say. It's been up when I've parked out and about but overnight in the garage it has stayed down. Is there anything wrong with leaving it down for days at a time or should it be up overnight?

I've left the top down on the XLR for 4 days now I would say. It's been up when I've parked out and about but overnight in the garage it has stayed down. Is there anything wrong with leaving it down for days at a time or should it be up overnight?

I've left mine down for several days in the past with no problems. That being said, I try to leave it up when parked for long periods of time, although I really don't have a reason why.

Leave it down

I have had my X for almost 8 years now and during the summer I leave the top down all the time. In fact a couple years ago I left it for over 3 weeks while it sat in the garage under a car cover while I was out of town..
Whit the exception of the first week of ownership the top assembly has been very reliable.Perhaps because I seldom cycle the top.Its a convertible, put it down and enjoy

JIM

I've done a few days in the garage with the top down and had no ill effect.

I'm having tinting applied today which will require partial retraction for a couple of hours... then re-coup. Hope all goes well. Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't be there to assist/watch.

If we're at home, the top is down - sometimes for weeks at a time. Maybe, knock on wood, we've been lucky but we have a sunshine cruiser and the top only ges up if we're road tripping and need the trunk storage or Black Beauty needs a bath. We do put it up and cover for winter storage.:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom