Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lenses

carl1948

My XLR/V(s)
2004 xlr crimson red
2004 XLR, my clear lenses for front turn signals have melted due to bulb heat. Been almost 2 months since ordering from Canadian parts outlet. Very pricy for 2 lenses. Need to install LED bulbs, but unsure if I must replace wiring harness and associated resistors to prevent flashing.

Curious what did Winnipeg charge? You do know you have to take the light apart to install them. From what I've heard you better glue them in as they shrink when they get hot and will fall out. There are some selfcontained switchback bulbs out there but many have a built in resister and get very hot. They will melt the headlight housing. Fast a bulb holder with the resister made in the harness and just Fab a bracket to keep it away from the plastic headlight and fender

Winnipeg charges around $300. with shipping. I am concerned about this happening again. What can I do to keep heat from destroying these expensive new lenses? Will I need to replace the harness and install LED bulbs?

You don’t have to replace the harness but best bet is to splice in a load resistor and mount it away from anything that will melt. Most places that sell the LED bulbs will offer the resisters.

Curious what did Winnipeg charge? You do know you have to take the light apart to install them. From what I've heard you better glue them in as they shrink when they get hot and will fall out. There are some selfcontained switchback bulbs out there but many have a built in resister and get very hot. They will melt the headlight housing. Fast a bulb holder with the resister made in the harness and just Fab a bracket to keep it away from the plastic headlight and fender
Sent you a reply to send me 2 clear lenses for my 2004 XLR turn signals. Please forward to Carl Granata
7555 132 St. N.
Seminole, Fl. 33776
I will send you a check when I receive the lenses. Also please send the instructions for how to install these lenses. Thank so much.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom