Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lesser Vette Still Whips the Horse. . .

Fred; I think you may have mis-interpreted Robert's comments about apples and oranges. I believe he was simply trying to say it was okay for someone to like something other than a Corvette, that life would be a bit boring if it were not for choices - like apples over oranges and he agreed you can't compare an apple (GT500) to an orange (Corvette). Maybe I missed something too. :dunno:

I think you two would hit it off once you met in person, I believe we would too..........;) as long as you don't mind my driving up in the Snake !!

They are both great cars Fred, I enjoyed my C6.

Great electronics (loved the full-spectrum heads up display - too bad they did not put it in the XLR) and there is no denying the Corvette reaps the benefit of many years of racing technology on the part of GM.

We Ingrid and I are unfortunately not going to Colorado for reasons I already stated but the shame in all of it is that there is no ALTERNATIVE place for those of us that would like to go and just have fun with cars. But that is a thought why cant there be an alternative like Florida. The month of "May" in Florida is fantastic weather is anyone interested?:cool:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:):):)

Fred

Fred,

You are more than welcome to set up any trip you'd like to take. The trip to Colorado is not sponsered by this site or anyone for that matter. I don't think you'll find anyone hear 'begging' you to go to Colorado or not. It is simply an opportunity for XLR owners to get together, meet new people and have some fun.

You need to take the chip off your shoulder and lighten up. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as yourself; and you as well as anyone should know, Americans have that right to disagree. If you don't want to hear anyones else's opinion on something that differs from your views; don't start a thread on it asking for people's opinion; plain and simple.

That being said, I hope you and your wife had a wonderful Christmas and are awaitng a Happy and prosperous New Year!!!:):)

Amen Cubby! Hopefully, nothing I've said has created a deep divide, I like being a bit different sometimes be it cars, politics or booze..........or cigars; don't forget the cigars !!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas !!!!

Maybe someone needs to start a thread on cigars !!

That could possibly be an interesting subject. As for myself I've tried a few cigars in my time but could never understand someone enjoying one--most likely the people in the immediate area felt the same.

Floyd (BB)

Fred; I think you may have mis-interpreted Robert's comments about apples and oranges. I believe he was simply trying to say it was okay for someone to like something other than a Corvette, that life would be a bit boring if it were not for choices - like apples over oranges and he agreed you can't compare an apple (GT500) to an orange (Corvette). Maybe I missed something too. :dunno:

I think you two would hit it off once you met in person, I believe we would too..........;) as long as you don't mind my driving up in the Snake !!

They are both great cars Fred, I enjoyed my C6.

Great electronics (loved the full-spectrum heads up display - too bad they did not put it in the XLR) and there is no denying the Corvette reaps the benefit of many years of racing technology on the part of GM.
I was not running your GT500 down in fact as I said in a previous post that it sounds awsome. For some unknown reason I am now being credited with starting the threat (which I didnt) in any event we live close enough that I will be in your neck of the woods and you can give me that ride. I am sure it would be very entertaining I love fast cars and with all you have did to yours there is no doubt that it is fast fast fast.:D I will admit my car will not come out near first place with your car the way it has been set up.;)

Speedway:wave:

Fred,

You are more than welcome to set up any trip you'd like to take. The trip to Colorado is not sponsered by this site or anyone for that matter. I don't think you'll find anyone hear 'begging' you to go to Colorado or not. It is simply an opportunity for XLR owners to get together, meet new people and have some fun.

You need to take the chip off your shoulder and lighten up. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as yourself; and you as well as anyone should know, Americans have that right to disagree. If you don't want to hear anyones else's opinion on something that differs from your views; don't start a thread on it asking for people's opinion; plain and simple.

That being said, I hope you and your wife had a wonderful Christmas and are awaitng a Happy and prosperous New Year!!!:):)
Exactly Cubby we have 300 members and for any one person other than Rob the site administrator to suggest anything other than what you have stated about TRIPS would be out of line. Goodness you MM's go all the time. I do feel bad that you think I have a chip on my shoulder however, you are buddies with FR and I will overlook your negative comments. Cubby please try and make everyone welcome to this site. We both wish you and your wife all the best in the New Year.:):)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:

... I like being a bit different sometimes be it cars, politics or booze..........or cigars; don't forget the cigars !!
Oh, you are quite different - ;) - best taken with a glass of wine :D

Cigars?? Ummm, all I know about those is that Clinton smoked (?) them :chuckle

'Don't think anyone would question that The Snake might eat up a bit of the road and anything in it's path - first we heard it .... THEN we saw it. Ray's normally gel'd do got quite mussed during take-off. Hah! He came back from that ride like a kid gettin' off of a rollercoaster.

Oh yeah, Apples and Oranges .... but, oh, what an Apple. :blinzel:

Exactly Cubby we have 300 members and for any one person other than Rob the site administrator to suggest anything other than what you have stated about TRIPS would be out of line. Goodness you MM's go all the time. I do feel bad that you think I have a chip on my shoulder however, you are buddies with FR and I will overlook your negative comments. Cubby please try and make everyone welcome to this site. We both wish you and your wife all the best in the New Year.:):)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:

I, as well as our MM group, do make everyone feel welcome. That is why we post information on our trips--everyone is welcome to join in. It is the friendships we all developed on our first trips to Bowling Green. We talk about where we want to go to next time and go from there. Colorado Springs was our inspiration.

As far as your buddy comment, you certainly don't need to single out FR; as I consider many on here to be my buddies and I'm sure thet also consider me their buddy, but maybe you need to take a poll on it.

You have made a decision not to attend a gathering because of a few people and their comments/opinions; that to me is sad. Just because you don't agree with something, shouldn't alter your chance to go out and have fun and make new friends. If everyone had the same opinions, likes and dislikes, this country wouldn't be in the mess it is in--we would all think it was great--kinda like lemmings.:lol::lol:

Why blame Ford for being smart enough to realize the only way to avoid going bankrupt was to globalize their business? They are not the first nor the last to take their business off-shore.

Hell, blame GM for allowing their trade unions and suppliers to back them into a corner, then run crying to the government for a handout to save their butts.

And you are right, Ford does not currently have a stock, production car that will out-run the current Covettes, but please consider:

Z06 = 505+/- hp = $70,000+
ZR1 = 630+/- hp = $100,000+

GT500 = 540+/- hp = $45,000

My Gt500 has an after-market exhaust, larger crank pulley, carbon fiber intake, computer with five on-board, switchable tunes and a really sweet, single stage wet nitrous system. All installed by me for less than $4,000.00 since most of the nitrous kit's components came off my Vette.

I make more power than the ZR1 and my engine is a hand-assembled piece of american muscle, built in america by americans, working in the SVT side of the house. The GT500 is not only a quality piece of machinery, they sell every one of them they produce.

If I wanted a Corvette, I would buy another one. Heck, I sold my C6 to get into the GT500. Why? Simple = SVT builds a quality product intended for the backyard mechanic. It is the perfect bedrock for hotrodding.

If you don't like getting greasy, buy a factory sportscar such as the Corvette and hope the kid next door doesn't mind getting greasy. If he does, he will buy a Ford; then with a few thousand dollars and some sweat he will kick your Corvette ass around the block. I know, it happened to me way too often once I switched from SVT products to the Corvette.

Even with a nitrous system the Vette could not keep up with the crowd we run with. One of my friends owns a Z06 and he refuses to run me again - he prefers sitting on the porch..............can't blame him, at least he knows his limitations.
I meant to ask you before what kind of gas mileage does this car get driving on a trip?

Fred

Before I started tinkering on it, 20 mpg freeway.

These days; 11 - 15 tops; but I like leaving a larger carbon footprint than others !!:laugh:

I drive the car 120 miles a day, round-trip all freeway miles.

I have to fill up every day............:pat: but I don't mind at all.

Much worse than my Corvette; it was closer to 24-25 on the same commute.

Before I started tinkering on it, 20 mpg freeway.

These days; 11 - 15 tops; but I like leaving a larger carbon footprint than others !!:laugh:

I drive the car 120 miles a day, round-trip all freeway miles.

I have to fill up every day............:pat: but I don't mind at all.

Much worse than my Corvette; it was closer to 24-25 on the same commute.
Thats not bad for all the upgrade what is the horsepower of Snake.? Now that we have had discussion on your car I would like to see it and take a ride in it.:D

Fred

The tunes were developed on a dyno; the final outcome shows 612 rwhp, with a full spray of nitrous and running 100 octane fuel.

Keep in mind the ZR1 is rated at somewhere around 638 hp, but that is measured at the crank. I would guess its rwhp would be closer to 530-540+/- but still a butt-load of horsepower and nearly a 1,000 less overall weight. One bad-ass car but a bit pricey for me, so I will have to make do with the Snake..........:reddevil

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom