Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Lowering pad bolts

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
What do these lowering pads do? Besides adjust the height! Are they any help to the ride, how much of a job to change? I’m glad I purchased a set from Cubby, because all 4 of mine are shot! And anyone know if it’s normal to have a rub mark on a front passenger shock from the wishbone frame it’s installed between (see pics) everything seem ok and tight.
85cc4b37f9e113df203bdfb116506b77.jpg
6478e71c75c51070f012163dfde1c8c3.jpg

Back lowering Pad
9486de21b3e6b6f3d12960dc9b062582.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan,

You may want to take your car in to Corvette shop or the dealer to have the lowering bolts changed. You have to 'unload' the spring to get those bolts out and there is a tool the shop probably has to do it. To simply lower the bolts, you can do it by putting the car on jack stands and then using your jack to slightly lift the spring to take the tension off the bolt to move it up or down. I don't think you can get enough 'gap' doing that to remove the bolts yourself.

A Cadillac dealer may tell you those bolts are available separately, and may not want to do it, but the Corvette shop will know how to do it.

Dan,

You may want to take your car in to Corvette shop or the dealer to have the lowering bolts changed. You have to 'unload' the spring to get those bolts out and there is a tool the shop probably has to do it. To simply lower the bolts, you can do it by putting the car on jack stands and then using your jack to slightly lift the spring to take the tension off the bolt to move it up or down. I don't think you can get enough 'gap' doing that to remove the bolts yourself.

A Cadillac dealer may tell you those bolts are available separately, and may not want to do it, but the Corvette shop will know how to do it.

Thanks Cubby I still have a aftermarket warranty, hope they don’t consider them regular maintenance like a shock and cover them. Needs to go to the Dealer for trunk not closing at end cycling anyways and PA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back