Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mfg Warranty

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Is there any part of the mfg warranty that does not carry forward to the next owner? I am anxiously (read impatiently) awaiting the arrival of my 2009 XLR, I know it was purchased by the original owner in July 2009 so it is under 2 years old. I will go to the local Cadillac dealer after it arrives to have them check for any outstanding recalls/service advisorys etc.
Thanks, :worship:
Sandy ~:)

Is there any part of the mfg warranty that does not carry forward to the next owner? I am anxiously (read impatiently) awaiting the arrival of my 2009 XLR, I know it was purchased by the original owner in July 2009 so it is under 2 years old. I will go to the local Cadillac dealer after it arrives to have them check for any outstanding recalls/service advisorys etc.
Thanks, :worship:
Sandy ~:)

The complete factory warranty will transfer with your XLR.
Enjoy your new toy! Miles of Smiles. :)

Thanks, I thought so. The car finally was ready for pic up Thursday and I have een driving the wheels off of it, and do I ever love it!. It is way nicer than the other two I test drove: perhaps it seems better because it is mine!

Sandy,

Your 09 is stunningly beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures in your album. Would love to hear more about the cars you folks restore.

Welcome to the forum!

Steve

Gosh Steve, I can't say that disagree with your thoughts there! :D I can't help but smile when ever I look at it. I have always wanted on of these cars and now I have it! I see you have an White one, white cars are stunning when they are spotless but I have never seen a white XLR in person! Mind you, we don't see many XLR's here in Canada in the first place, let alone the rare ones!
I see you are from Orlando, we have a vacation home in North Port,(Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda area) so we are not all that far a part during certain times in the winter! We actually have a white 1969 Buick Station at our Florida home: we can go to cruise nights and pick up people at the airport with it too!
As for the rest of the collector cars, I intend to post a photo album of them, we have 9 older cars ranging from the newest one, 1992 Z-28 Camaro convertible back to our oldest one, a 1957 Oldsmobile Fiesta station wagon. I will try to do that sometime in the next few days.

Great looking ride, Sandy!! I love the 'red' XLR's--Ive had 2, both red. An '04 Crimson Pearl and currently an '06 Infrared V.

Look forward to seeing your 'stable' of cars.:cool:

Sandy....great looking XLR, love the rear fascisa and the exhaust ports. I think I will investigate putting a 2009 rear bumper and exhaust ports on my 2006.

:cool:

Xfirexlr - I had decided to find a later production XLR, 2007 or 2009 and when I saw the styling changes for 2009 I decided it had to be that year: plus being the last year of production appealed to me too. I absolutly love those exhaust ports too, I am planning a Corsa exhaust system but keeping the stock ports. The stock system is way too quiet, we use Corsa's on all of our vehicles, 'pleasing' sound for cruising about but you know there is some attitude there when you stomp on it: Perfect! Let me know if you do that switch and how much work it was!

CUBBY, I know what you mean about the Red: Just like Henry Ford said 'You can get your Model T in any colour you want just as long as it is BLACK. Well I like every colour too just as long as it is RED! (or should I say color :patriot:, I'm Canadian eh!) I decided I needed a non V car as I intend to drive it allot and did not like the difference in gas mileage, plus for me, if I had all that horespower I would go broke buying tires & all the extra gas money...:lol:. I am glad I ended up with the 4.6 but I do envy those V's, when ever I see any Caddilac V I always think "Sweet, it's a V" & I will always think that! Such is life!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom