Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Missing parts: Trunk retainer for carpet parts

CadillacSam

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Gray
Hi,

maybe someone can help me with a part I'm searching for.

To remove side panels / carpet in the trunk to get access to pump and roof cylinders
I had to remove the side carpet parts in my XLR.
Problem is: Nearly all the retainer clips / screws hardened out and broke while removing.
Searched gmpartsonline and gmpartsgiant etc. but can not identify them.

Does anyone know where I can get an exploded view with part nos, so I can order them?
Think these are not special for the XLR and used in many Cadillacs, but how to fin...

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Sammy

Found this picture and I think it's part nos 9 and 10...

11609338-2004-2009-cadillac-xlr-trunk-cargo-net-clip-nut-oem-new-11609338.jpg

Is there a place to get the part numbers for the above picture breakdown???

Looks like plastic fasteners you are looking for ?..... Check with DORMAN 'Help parts' website or take broken ones to a auto parts store that carries DORMAN products... to match up. Fasteners are plentiful in all shapes and sizes,,, Good luck, p z

No! I would like to access GM part numbers for all the parts that are shown in their parts breakdown picture. The picture has item numbers, but not the corresponding part numbers.

Hi Sammy,

These are hard to identify and for sure, it is the same article used on not only many Cadillacs but most brands of cars today.

Consider searching Amazon.de or eBay.de as I guarantee you can find exactly what you want for much less than what GM might charge for a single item.

Example in Germany: Detrade Kfz-Halteklammern und Verschluss Entferner Auto Push Pin Rivets Set Kfz-Pflegemittel (A): Amazon.de: Sport & Freizeit

Canada: Robot Check (perhaps you can find the same article or better in Germany with some searching).

The tools included, while not of very good quality, are quite useful and for even more than their original intention.

HTH!

Gord ;)

Hi Sam.

This part is not necessary identified in the parts book however it is available in the listing, and I believe the part number is 11519949. If that is not the retainer you want, some sites suggest other item purchased with this part and you could get the one you really need.

As Zen and Gord sugested you can check with your local parts store and on the internet.

With this part number you could make a search on Google of your country and save money, enclosed is the photo and the part number for references.multi-function-black-nylon-retainer-gm-11519949-25-pieces[2].jpg

That retainer is very commun on the GM cars.

Good luck.

IAN. :wave:

Hi Reavn.

On internet make a serch and ask for '' GM parts book '' and select your model and year, select '' Body '' and rear lid area.

Good luck.

IAN, :wave:

Thanks for all the replies.
No the nos in the picture are not linked, just found this on a parts store site and they don't have this item.

It's not the retainer 11519949, more simple kind.
Here in Germany there are no shops that have Dorman, think I will try an import shop - but in my experience they cannot help me with this.
I already bought some from Ebay which I thought might fit, but the plastic shaft is too thick.

I managed to get one out, bent but not broken.
Looks like this:
20200213_001522.jpg20200213_001513.jpg

Hi SAM.

Try this one that looks very similar, 10121502.

If not, Try WRUTH, it is a German parts supplier of all kind of hardwares and ferrules.

Good luck.

IAN.
836667162[1].jpg

Yes I found these and bought them, but they are too thick.
I will try WRUTH.

I measured this:

20200213_001513.jpg

Can anyone let me know how to put a post on this site ?
coraduck

Click on > + Reply to Thread .... Left hand side after the last post

Hi Sam.

On ebay.

Push on retainer….25mm head diam. x 20 mm stem lenght x 6 mm stem diam.
The stem is longer, but can cut to the desire lenght.

IAN.

s-l400[2].jpg

Nice one, Ian! :thumbsup

I was looking this morning at Wurth, Paulin, and a couple of others... the options and sizes are just bewildering. The ones you've found would work just fine and It would be easy enough to check if there's enough depth to not even have to trim them. Perfect!

Thanks, IAN.
Will try these too.

I already ordered so many kinds of retainers I thought they would fit, that I can already open up a shop of my own. :lol:

Hi Sam.

Your last measurements of the retainer has change the way to search, the parts book was not really helpful, and I believe the last eBay search '' push on retainer '' should fit.

All of us ( Gord and ZEN ) were please to help you.

Good Luck.:thumbsup

Happy valentine ♥ to all and your bien-aimées.

IAN.

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum...

...I already ordered so many kinds of retainers I thought they would fit, that I can already open up a shop of my own. :lol:

Hi Sam,
Well, perhaps put them on eBay? "Sam's eBay store. We specialize in plastic fasteners that do *not* fit the Cadillac XLR"! :lol:

I just did a search there for 'Christmas tree fasteners' and actually again found thousands of variations.

This one: 81 Auto Body Clip Push In Fastener X-Mas Tree Type Retainer Assortment Universal | eBay seems to include close to dimensionally correct parts. I don't know about the color, but paint is an easy fix for that if it matters.

81 Auto Body Clip Push In Fastener X-Mas Tree Type Retainer Assortment Universal.jpg
81 Auto Body Clip Push In Fastener X-Mas Tree Type Retainer Assortment Universal - 1.jpg
If you wish to search further:

christmas tree fastener | eBay

:thumbsup

the above fasteners are interior trim Asian and fit into a plastic or metal clip that actually has the teeth on the receiver clip to bite into the groves of the fastener shown In the box above. they will not hold when pressed into a steel hole. Takes a Christmas tree type and the best place to look for one with a bigger head is like I emailed you. BMW or Mercedes hood pad clips. Wurth has them. any good Collison shop will have an assortment you can check and will most likely give you a few or at least a number off them to match up to. We would here in the states and I bet Germany is the same. They want your future Collison business.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom