Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Model Year Differences

carterchapman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
Would someone be kind enough to summarize the changes that took place each model year?

Any particular year better than others?

Any particular years to avoid in looking for a used one? Seems like most of the "V's" that I've seen on the market were "manufacturer's cars", so I think I prefer a "non V"...

Might be time to get my '93 Allante a "stable mate"...

The Model Center at the top of the page will provide a wealth of information on each model yera from 2004 through 2009. Having provided that for you, I give give you what little knowledge I know. Many people here will tell you to stay away from the 2004 (first Model year) as there were many problems. I for one owned a 2004, probably mid to late build for 2004 models had had very few minor problems. It is probably too late to add a GMPP warranty to the 2004 model years, so unless the selling party already has one you are basically buying at your own risk. Work done on the XLR tens to be pricey more from a parts standpoint than anything.

2006 saw the introduction of the V series XLR with brought about some different interior aspects i.e. the suede-look center in the seating. The hood is also raised in the center to fit over the supercharger and the front sporting a chrome mesh grille. Other than that pretty much the same look year to year.

There are very little changes from model year to year until 2008 with was a mid-cycle change, mostly to interior type things. The exterior is basically the same until 2009 when cosmetic changes were made to the front and rear facia's and the addition of the 'Saturn type" fake vents on the front fenders.

I don't know what you mean by "manufacturer's cars" so I won't get into that with you. I did however buy an '06 XLR-V this past April and love it!!!
I'm sure others will chime in and give their opinion as well. The only other thing I suggest is have the VIN # of any car you are interested in the a GM dealer and they can tell you of any problems the car had. I would also make sure to either get a Certified Pre-Owned or one you can get a GMPP warranty on. Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum!!!!!

Would someone be kind enough to summarize the changes that took place each model year?

Any particular year better than others?

Any particular years to avoid in looking for a used one? Seems like most of the "V's" that I've seen on the market were "manufacturer's cars", so I think I prefer a "non V"...

Might be time to get my '93 Allante a "stable mate"...

Adaptive Cruise Control

The V models do not have Adaptive Cruise Control. I have an '06 XLR and I don't think I would want to give up my ACC as I use it all the time on long trips, also on short trips to Denver or Pueblo.

Thanks Cubby and Robert. Didn't even see the Model Center Info - I'm usually not that much of a dumb @ss!

So ACC started on '06s - good info.

Thanks!

ACC was on the XLR from Day 1 in 2004(even the Nieman-Marcus models). I think the 2009's were the first to offer some sort of BlueTooth capabilities.....

6 speed transmissions came out in 2006, I think.

There really are some great deals out there on used XLRs of almost any type and year. Whatever you buy, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

ACC was on the XLR from Day 1 in 2004(even the Nieman-Marcus models). I think the 2009's were the first to offer some sort of BlueTooth capabilities.....

6 speed transmissions came out in 2006, I think.

There really are some great deals out there on used XLRs of almost any type and year. Whatever you buy, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

The 6 speed automatic first appeared on the '06 XLR-V. In '07 it was used in both XLR models.

04 and 05 have a wart for an XM antenna. :laugh:
In 06 it was integrated into the mirrors.

Thanks everyone. Great info - and moderator, great info in the Model Center - thank you. Great Forum.

Thanks everyone. Great info - and moderator, great info in the Model Center - thank you. Great Forum.
Glad it was helpful and welcome to the XLR Net. :blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back