Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My February... BUSINESS FIRE

I'm still healing well, although at my last doctor's appointment in Aurora, the Nurse Practitioner didn't like the fact that my tendons and other sores were healing so slow. She took a sample from the tendon area and sent it to the lab for a culture. It came back positive for MRSA. That damned stuff is still raising it's ugly head. She gave me a new cream to use on the tendon areas and other sores. She also put me on an antibiotic to fight the infection. It is working... the sores and tendon areas are finally healing.
It seems the antibiotic she put me on interferes slightly with the Coumadin. Glad I'm only on the antibiotic for 10 days... then things should start to really heal.
The compression pants are actually quite comfortable; although it's a two person job to put them on me. They are not near as hot as I thought they'd be either.[/QU

Always like to read that it is good news not bad! Keep it going in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Sway Bar

My plan exactly, Dan, my plan exactly...

Hey Rod just want to let you know the sway bar arrived yesterday safely :rocker: Now to find the time to install or maybe since she's going in the shop for the gas gauge repair Monday, may just have them slap it on while she's there! They may need to drop the rear out for the gas tanks entrance to solenoid replacement anyways, if that why the gauge is screwed up :dunno: While they got the exhaust off going to have them remove H pipe and get it ceramic coated also may see about doing the hump pipes back to the rear muffles to help keep the heat out of the trunk too! Have a great weekend! We got another Car Show in Md. this weekend at a winery! Weather suppose to be nice by Saturday here :wave: God Bless!

Hey Rod just want to let you know the sway bar arrived yesterday safely :rocker: Now to find the time to install or maybe since she's going in the shop for the gas gauge repair Monday, may just have them slap it on while she's there! They may need to drop the rear out for the gas tanks entrance to solenoid replacement anyways, if that why the gauge is screwed up :dunno: While they got the exhaust off going to have them remove H pipe and get it ceramic coated also may see about doing the hump pipes back to the rear muffles to help keep the heat out of the trunk too! Have a great weekend! We got another Car Show in Md. this weekend at a winery! Weather suppose to be nice by Saturday here :wave: God Bless!

Thanks for letting me know that the sway bar arrived safe and sound. The shop would probably have to remove the sway bar anyway to drop the gas tank, so I would just let them put it on. I doubt it they would charge any more...

My thoughts too!
Have a great day!

Thanks Dan Gouker

Sorry it has been so long since my last update...
First, I rescheduled my one year appointment for 2/27 instead of in March. I found out by way of xrays that I have 10 staples in the lower 8" of my left ankle. I wonder how many are in the rest of the grafted areas!!!! But, first I want to find out who's going to pay for the xrays to find out and more importantly, who's going to pay to take them out if they need to be removed - me or the University of Colorado Hospital. I have called the UCH to find out, but haven't heard for sure as of yet.

Next important item of information... I NOW HAVE A JOB!!!!! I'm working for Safelite Auto Glass as a Glass Technician - actually for the first 60 days, I'll be learning the ins and out of being a Certified Glass Technician, installing both windshields and door glass - the latter of which I am quite versed in, or at least I was until a year ago, and windshield glass repair. Having the first two days of this new career under my belt, I am really going to enjoy it. I can hardly wait to become completely certified in all phases of Safelite's program. Safelite has a very innovative way of cutting out damaged windshields called EZ Wire. If you have a chance to watch Safelite cut out a windshield, you will be amazed.
Anyway... there is a short update on what's been happening in my world...

Thanks for the update Rod often think about you and wonder how things are coming along for you!
Glad to see things are on the up side! God Bless and still pray for a full recovery!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

That's great news and thanks for the update. Hope it works out for you.

First, I rescheduled my one year appointment for 2/27 instead of in March. I found out by way of xrays that I have 10 staples in the lower 8" of my left ankle. I wonder how many are in the rest of the grafted areas!!!! But, first I want to find out who's going to pay for the xrays to find out and more importantly, who's going to pay to take them out if they need to be removed - me or the University of Colorado Hospital. I have called the UCH to find out, but haven't heard for sure as of yet.

Next important item of information... I NOW HAVE A JOB!!!!! I'm working for Safelite Auto Glass as a Glass Technician - actually for the first 60 days, I'll be learning the ins and out of being a Certified Glass Technician, installing both windshields and door glass - the latter of which I am quite versed in, or at least I was until a year ago, and windshield glass repair. Having the first two days of this new career under my belt, I am really going to enjoy it. I can hardly wait to become completely certified in all phases of Safelite's program. Safelite has a very innovative way of cutting out damaged windshields called EZ Wire. If you have a chance to watch Safelite cut out a windshield, you will be amazed.

Congrats on the job! Your insurance or you will have to pay for any staple removal and needed Xrays. Hope that you will not need it done
and am really glad that you have progressed so well. Had a windshield replaced a couple of years ago by Safelite and was impressed with
the technician and the company.

Come to Chicago, Rod!! I need a new windshield for my V. Have two rock chips, my insurance paid to repair, but not happy with the way it looks.

Come to Chicago, Rod!! I need a new windshield for my V. Have two rock chips, my insurance paid to repair, but not happy with the way it looks.

Take it back!!!! Where did you have it done? Safelite guarantees it's glass replacement or repairs for as long as you own your car. It's a nationwide warranty as well...

Thanks for ALL the well wishes!!!! I am LOVING my new job!!!! Only problem is... Cindy has Good Friday and the Monday after Easter off and now I DON'T!!!!!:(:( I'm used to taking off the same days as Cindy but now... not gonna happen. Oh well... life goes on!!!

Take it back!!!! Where did you have it done? Safelite guarantees it's glass replacement or repairs for as long as you own your car. It's a nationwide warranty as well...

I had some very small chips fixed on my wife's Volvo windshield. Don't know if all repairs are like this but when looking out the windshield you can see looks like a small rain drop or sap in the spot where they fixed. On the outside it's not perfectly flush with the rest of the window. I don't like it because it's right in my viewing area and I keep looking at it.
I have some small chips in my xlr window. Can it be fixed without seeing the repair or will you always see something?
Those arms they have mounted on the truck to help the tech with the install look pretty cool good luck with you job!

I wanted the windshield replaced, but insurance refused to pay for that. They said the repair was free of cost to me and that is what they do first. The tech did tell me when they do the repair, sometimes the windshield cracks and they have to replace. I didn't get that lucky when he was there. The problem I have with the repair, is one of the chips is in my field of view of the HUD. It looks like bug guts when I trying see how slow I'm going. :laugh:

Thanks for ALL the well wishes!!!! I am LOVING my new job!!!! Only problem is... Cindy has Good Friday and the Monday after Easter off and now I DON'T!!!!!:(:( I'm used to taking off the same days as Cindy but now... not gonna happen. Oh well... life goes on!!!

I wanted the windshield replaced, but insurance refused to pay for that. They said the repair was free of cost to me and that is what they do first. The tech did tell me when they do the repair, sometimes the windshield cracks and they have to replace. I didn't get that lucky when he was there. The problem I have with the repair, is one of the chips is in my field of view of the HUD. It looks like bug guts when I trying see how slow I'm going. :laugh:

Who's your insurance? I had asked my agent "State Farm" about them fixing and was told they don't do for free. Repair cost ruffly 200 deductible 150 thought I wouldn't even bother. Don't want them raising rates. Plus not driving in the winter,don't think it would get any worse. Funny how the chips are always in direct view:(

Let me chime in I been with State Farm for over 30 years! When I bought my XLR The windshield was shot from pits and wiper scratches they said they can't do anything about that needs to be chipped in drivers view or cracked sure enough about 2 weeks later on the way to work a dump truck on the opposite side was going the other way lost a stone that hit down in the black area at cowl and started cracking up the side. I called my State Farm agent and said get it replaced! Turns out replacement cost on my 05 was $1700 not a penny diid I owe!! I carry full coverage and comprehensive which is what cover glass breakage!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I had some very small chips fixed on my wife's Volvo windshield. Don't know if all repairs are like this but when looking out the windshield you can see looks like a small rain drop or sap in the spot where they fixed. On the outside it's not perfectly flush with the rest of the window. I don't like it because it's right in my viewing area and I keep looking at it.
I have some small chips in my xlr window. Can it be fixed without seeing the repair or will you always see something?
Those arms they have mounted on the truck to help the tech with the install look pretty cool good luck with you job!

There will always be a small "non-clear" area where the glass was actually chipped out from the impact; as Cubby said, like a bug. If you're no happy, Safelite will replace the windshield and take the amount you paid for the repair off what you owe for the replacement. I would contact your insurance and let them know you are NOT happy with the repair and they should pay to have it replaced... less your deductible, of course...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom