Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nav System Map DVD

harrower

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infred red xlr-v
I just received from GM yesterday my new DVD Version 8.00. I had version 3.00. Had this on order since December 08. The data info on the 3.00 was from 2002. Version 8.00 has data for 2007. This was a free DVD from GM's offer of updates for the first 2 years from production. This new version has two DVD's. (Eastern & Western US and Canada. Does the new DVD change the Nav Features or does it just update maps and points of interest? I'll check it out later today. I still have to play with the Nav system to learn all of it's features.

I just received from GM yesterday my new DVD Version 8.00. I had version 3.00. Had this on order since December 08. The data info on the 3.00 was from 2002. Version 8.00 has data for 2007. This was a free DVD from GM's offer of updates for the first 2 years from production. This new version has two DVD's. (Eastern & Western US and Canada. Does the new DVD change the Nav Features or does it just update maps and points of interest? I'll check it out later today. I still have to play with the Nav system to learn all of it's features.

Interesting... what are the details on the "free" updates from GM that you speak of? I know GM gave out 2 free updates with my Corvette, but that was only for certain model year Corvette's. Bottom line is I was wondering if my 2009 XLR-V qualifies for any free updates. Thanks!

Being an 09 why would you need an update? I still have one more update coming from my 06, so I guess I better get it ordered.
Interesting... what are the details on the "free" updates from GM that you speak of? I know GM gave out 2 free updates with my Corvette, but that was only for certain model year Corvette's. Bottom line is I was wondering if my 2009 XLR-V qualifies for any free updates. Thanks!

We have an 06 and I saw that the two free updates were available for that year and 12/31/2008 was the dead line for ordering the updates for free.

You can check at the following web site:

http://www.gmnavdisc.com

Anyone know how to cancel a route on the nav system?

In park.........Route/Route Preference/Cancel Route:blinzel:
We have an 06 and I saw that the two free updates were available for that year and 12/31/2008 was the dead line for ordering the updates for free.

You can check at the following web site:

http://www.gmnavdisc.com

Anyone know how to cancel a route on the nav system?

When I first got my first XLR in 04 I spent at least 8 total hours in the car while running to get the Nav system and DIC down pat. I didn't want to have to drag out the book every time I needed to do something. It was worth the time.
Hint: while driving don't try the voice commands or you will get every thing but what your asking for. This speech technique was probably produced in a quite environment, any noise and it will not understand.
Also be ready for road B*#ch to take you on a journey down a dirt road. STOP, cancel the trip and re-enter your destination and it will take you back to the point she went nuts.
Locked in the car for some unknown reason: pull the handle next to the seat, at least you can start breathing again and don't forget On Star to help. It's amazing the way my mind goes blank when these things happen.
Window Indexing: Sometimes they loose their memory and go down and then come up about a 1/4 and stop: Raise window to top, holding the button for 10 seconds, Lower to bottom, holding button down for 10 seconds. That should re-index your windows. Don't be alarmed, this is not a thing that happens very often but it's nice to know when it's raining.:rocker:
Thanks, That worked. I'm still learning the Nav System.

Dave

When I first got my first XLR in 04 I spent at least 8 total hours in the car while running to get the Nav system and DIC down pat. I didn't want to have to drag out the book every time I needed to do something. It was worth the time.
Hint: while driving don't try the voice commands or you will get every thing but what your asking for. This speech technique was probably produced in a quite environment, any noise and it will not understand.
Also be ready for road B*#ch to take you on a journey down a dirt road. STOP, cancel the trip and re-enter your destination and it will take you back to the point she went nuts.
Locked in the car for some unknown reason: pull the handle next to the seat, at least you can start breathing again and don't forget On Star to help. It's amazing the way my mind goes blank when these things happen.
Window Indexing: Sometimes they loose their memory and go down and then come up about a 1/4 and stop: Raise window to top, holding the button for 10 seconds, Lower to bottom, holding button down for 10 seconds. That should re-index your windows. Don't be alarmed, this is not a thing that happens very often but it's nice to know when it's raining.:rocker:

Indexing windows in the 2006 must be different. "Hold the up arrow for three seconds after the window is closed. Release switch, Then hold again for three more seconds.

I hope to figure the nav out before SA.

Dave

Interesting... first two tries it wouldn't come up. Guess the third times the charm...

I have the phone number also for the Nav. Just called and ordered the updates for the SRX, they are on back order, surprise surprise so should be here in a couple of months.

Being an 09 why would you need an update? I still have one more update coming from my 06, so I guess I better get it ordered.

I don't need a update, but if I qualified for free updates on my 09 I would want to know about it.

The 2006 and 2007 models received 2 free nav disc upgrades. They discontinued that practice for the 2008 and later models.

Ya know Jim, I don't remember it saying when we had to get our upgrades and since I have only gotten one I'm gonna give it a try and see if they give my second one.
The 2006 and 2007 models received 2 free nav disc upgrades. They discontinued that practice for the 2008 and later models.

06 & 07 Navigation discs update

OK all you people that haven't gotten two nav disc's for the 06 and 07 XLR.
It clearly shows on the window sticker that we are eligible for two Disc's and doesn't say when we can get them.
I received my first one a year after I bought my 06-V, now I'm told by this third party group that they discontinued the program in December 2008. How do you discontinue a program that you bought with your vehicle in 06 and 07, I asked. They told me to go to my dealer and argue the point, which I did to no avail.
I then called customer service who is getting back to me with an answer.
Since then I find this service bulletin on our site.
http://xlr-net.com/kb/questions/42/2008+XLR%3A+Service+Bulletin%3A+Change+in+the+GM+Nav+Disc+Update+Program

and clearly states that we owners of 06 and 07 XLR's are still entitled to both disc's. Please see the last sentence in paragraph three after the paragraph named models.

This bulletin will back up my claim when they call me and I will push as hard as I can for them to honor their commitment.
It's all about tenacity.:wave:
If I get a new disc, my 07 disc will be available for one drink at Cadillacs bar in SA. So sign up if you need an 07 disc.

Ya know Jim, I don't remember it saying when we had to get our upgrades and since I have only gotten one I'm gonna give it a try and see if they give my second one.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom