Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Navigation antenna

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
The navigation antenna is that 6" X 2" black box located on the inside of the XLR's windshield on the passenger side of the car.

Has anyone had the problem where due to heat in the car from the sun overheated the glue and caused the box to fall away from the windshield?

If so what type of glue did you use to reattach the plastic holder to the glass windshield?

The housing for the cellular/navigation antenna slides (sideways) onto a bracket adhered to the windshield. The replacement procedure in the Service manual doesn't address the bracket replacement.

Other than having a dealer re-bond it, after a thorough cleaning, I'd try the regular adhesive used to bond a rear-view mirror to the windshield and see how it holds up.

CC :wave:

The housing for the cellular/navigation antenna slides (sideways) onto a bracket adhered to the windshield. The replacement procedure in the Service manual doesn't address the bracket replacement.

Other than having a dealer re-bond it, after a thorough cleaning, I'd try the regular adhesive used to bond a rear-view mirror to the windshield and see how it holds up.

CC :wave:

Thanks Clarke...but i tried the dealer and they were clueless on what to use and as for the rear view mirror adhesive i am hesitant because on the directions on the package in capital letters it states that the glue is only good for attaching METAL to GLASS

next move is to go to windshield repair shop

Thanks Clarke...but i tried the dealer and they were clueless on what to use and as for the rear view mirror adhesive i am hesitant because on the directions on the package in capital letters it states that the glue is only good for attaching METAL to GLASS

next move is to go to windshield repair shop

Super glue would be my choice. The gel type

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry