Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New 2009 V for Less Than 50k possible

ebferro

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red XLR-V
Anyone know if prices have dropped to the point where a new 2009 XLR-V can be purchased for under 50k yet?

I have not seen any priced that low yet. My dealer found a new 2009 V for a customer that lives in Pueblo, had it transported to the dealership. When it arrived it wouldn't start so they could get it off the transport truck. They totally checked it out and delivered it by transport to the customer as he did not want anyone driving it to Pueblo. He drove it to his office or just for pleasure as soon as it was delivered to him, many things went wrong so it was transported back to the dealer. The word I got, it had sat for over 400 days at the original dealers causing all the problems. They need to be driven, not just setting around and not started. I do not know where this one was from. The vehicle is now back with the owner. I plan to keep my "Little Bugger" unless they bring back the XLR and it is such a big improvement over what my '06 is.:):):)

The lowest price i have seen on a '09 V is mid 80's. Since thet are no longer made, I don't see the price dropping that low any time soon. Good luck in your search.

Anyone know if prices have dropped to the point where a new 2009 XLR-V can be purchased for under 50k yet?

every once in a while some one gets lucky.
last month I purchased a "used" 2009 from a dealer with 140 miles on it.
(Cadillac Certified Bumper to Bumper Warranty)
the lady , age 94, actually spoke to her, had no place for groceries-convertible too small for her"
paid lower $60's for it.
there is a lot more to the story but thats the short version.

But is it a V or just a standard XLR?

every once in a while some one gets lucky.
last month I purchased a "used" 2009 from a dealer with 140 miles on it.
(Cadillac Certified Bumper to Bumper Warranty)
the lady , age 94, actually spoke to her, had no place for groceries-convertible too small for her"
paid lower $60's for it.
there is a lot more to the story but thats the short version.

Its a XLR no V
Actually paid high 50"s plus Pennsylvania 7 % sales tax.
What are some of the other states sales taxes?

I know its not a "V" but I am happy with it for that price.
I thought I would share another XLR story with the forum.

As the story goes--The lady's husband died last June.
All her life (title had her birthday as March 1915) she wanted a convertible. So she went to the nearest Cadillac dealer and really like the Black/Tan XLR with chrome wheels,with hard top options and convertible option. So in August of 2009 she bought the one on the floor for list price. The car had 10 or 15 miles on it, she drove it home 25 miles away. Her and her friend went shopping with the top down but after shopping she realized she couldn't get all of her groceries in the trunk. This is when she figured this wasn't what she thought the car would be. Drove it back to the dealership with a total of 140 miles on it and traded it in on a 2009 Escalade. That was in November. She now has the escalade but doesn't drive anymore, she will be 95 this March. Really nice lady to talk to. Told me to enjoy the car and the only use the car got was what she put on it.

And that's our story and we are sticking too it !!!!!!!!:blinzel::beerchug:

Its a XLR no V
Actually paid high 50"s plus Pennsylvania 7 % sales tax.
What are some of the other states sales taxes?

No sales tax in Montana... although we do have property taxes and income tax. The legislature has been trying for several years to get a sales tax, but they can only do it with a vote. I, for one, am not about to vote for a sales tax unless either property tax and/or income tax is done away with permanantly. And, I'm pretty sure that will never happen... they WANT IT ALL!!!

Oregon is the only other state that has no sales tax. ALthough if you visit Washington state and your home state has no sales tax, you show your driver's license and sign a paper at each place you purchase something and you don't have to pay Washington state sales tax... interesting, huh?

Wherever a car is bought you pay your home state's tax rate. Years ago my father used to buy from Reedman in Pa., they would deliver the car over a bridge in NJ and put the plates on. Someone would pick up all the drivers and take them back to Reedman. This avoided the Pa. tax, doesn't matter anymore as NJ has since created a sales tax. But, like I said, you'd pay your state's tax nowadays.

Floyd (BB)

Come one, come all!
CA has state tax, local tax, property tax, payroll tax ... really, you want me to complete this?? :laugh:

I know its not a "V" but I am happy with it for that price.
I thought I would share another XLR story with the forum.

As the story goes--The lady's husband died last June.
All her life (title had her birthday as March 1915) she wanted a convertible. So she went to the nearest Cadillac dealer and really like the Black/Tan XLR with chrome wheels,with hard top options and convertible option. So in August of 2009 she bought the one on the floor for list price. The car had 10 or 15 miles on it, she drove it home 25 miles away. Her and her friend went shopping with the top down but after shopping she realized she couldn't get all of her groceries in the trunk. This is when she figured this wasn't what she thought the car would be. Drove it back to the dealership with a total of 140 miles on it and traded it in on a 2009 Escalade. That was in November. She now has the escalade but doesn't drive anymore, she will be 95 this March. Really nice lady to talk to. Told me to enjoy the car and the only use the car got was what she put on it.

And that's our story and we are sticking too it !!!!!!!!:blinzel::beerchug:

Congratulations on the new XLR. I hope you will still be driving it when you have your 95th birthday. Sounds like a great find for you.:):):)

Come one, come all!
CA has state tax, local tax, property tax, payroll tax ... really, you want me to complete this?? :laugh:

Must not be enough!!! The state of CA is still broke!!!! :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back