Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
New GM test facility at YPG opens

July 22, 2009 - 5:29 PM
BY JOYCE LOBECK, SUN STAFF WRITER

YUMA PROVING GROUND, ARIZONA
- Pulling up to the newly completed General Motors test complex for the grand opening Wednesday morning, it was clear this was Chevrolet country.

A line of more than a dozen Corvettes led by the new ZR1 drew lots of aahs and closer looks.

"We heard about the grand opening and suggested we get our Corvettes out to the event to support GM and its employees," Thomas Counts said, speaking of the Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts car club.

Full Story: New GM test facility at YPG opens | test, facility, new - News - YumaSun

At a cost of $100 million. Where did that money come from? They were broke and in bankrupcty court! I think this is werid (?).

The deal was put together in 2006, so the money was already set aside...I guess.:dunno:

Bruce :)

Chad,

You need to read the article, the money was set aside in 2006--before all this backruptcy; although they may have been broke by then. :lol::lol:

At a cost of $100 million. Where did that money come from? They were broke and in bankrupcty court! I think this is werid (?).

Under the guidance of their new owners, the question is; will the new Obama-mobiles require a state-of-the-art test facility or would any mall parking lot work?

Good to read that Ford was able to turn a profit this quarter !!

Under the guidance of their new owners, the question is; will the new Obama-mobiles require a state-of-the-art test facility or would any mall parking lot work?

Good to read that Ford was able to turn a profit this quarter !!

I thought the same thing Mark, if we all end up with hybrids, is there a need for a speed test track. :laugh::laugh: Perhaps being in the desert, they can turn it into a solar panel collection facility for us to plug in the cars. :lol:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom