Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member 2006 XLR Black Raven roadster

pigeye-jackson

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven on Ebony
Found this really nice 2006 in January 2013 only had 14000 miles. Now it has 26000 miles as I use it as my daily driver. Had all the filters changed ( oil, air, cabin air ). Will do oil change next month. Car had new Michelin run flats already on it and it looks and runs like a new car. This car is a head turner where ever I go. I love it but have a check engine light on that won't clear. Already replaced a O2 sensor, replaced gas cap, had all air intakes rechecked for dirt. Since there is no loss of performance and gas mileage is not affected, I'm stumped as to what else to look at. Maybe I'll find a answer here. You all look very XLR savvy, let me know if you have any ideas. This was a North Carolina car, it is now a Florida car, maybe our warmer weather is to blame.

Any code that is being stored from the check engine light, must be cleared with a Tech II; so if your dealer didn't do that it will take several ON/OFF cycles without a repeat problem for the light to go out. They should be able to tell what is going on with the code that will be stored.

Hope they get it figured out for you. Enjoy your 'new to you' ride!!

Found this really nice 2006 in January 2013 only had 14000 miles. Now it has 26000 miles as I use it as my daily driver. Had all the filters changed ( oil, air, cabin air ). Will do oil change next month. Car had new Michelin run flats already on it and it looks and runs like a new car. This car is a head turner where ever I go. I love it but have a check engine light on that won't clear. Already replaced a O2 sensor, replaced gas cap, had all air intakes rechecked for dirt. Since there is no loss of performance and gas mileage is not affected, I'm stumped as to what else to look at. Maybe I'll find a answer here. You all look very XLR savvy, let me know if you have any ideas. This was a North Carolina car, it is now a Florida car, maybe our warmer weather is to blame.

Welcome. And I know you'll have a great time in your new ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any code that is being stored from the check engine light, must be cleared with a Tech II; so if your dealer didn't do that it will take several ON/OFF cycles without a repeat problem for the light to go out. They should be able to tell what is going on with the code that will be stored.

Actually, my check engine light I had coming on, I had cleared by O'Reilly Auto Parts with their using a OBDII. I had this done after I replaced the Throttle Body. P2135 was the code that was coming up; this code was given me also by O'Reilly Auto Parts. O'Reilly Auto Parts will check codes for free and give the codes to you. Good luck in finding the problem... lights on on the dash can be quite irritating.

I believe it is part of the federal mandate for OBDII that some codes must be able to be cleared by an OBDII tool. Specifically, things that the EPA are interested in. That does not mean that all of the codes can be cleared, but some can be cleared without a Tech2.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom