Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Seguin

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Light Platinum
Hi!. I bought my wife last week a 2008 XLR in Light Platinum with Ebony interior, if those are the correct color names. I tried another forum 10 days ago and am still waiting to be acknowledged, so I am really fortunate to have found this one, which seems to be really active with many knowledgable members.

I'll probably do the heavy lifting for my wife in terms of questions and so forth, so I am sure she will be grateful to all of you.

Looks like a great place to hang out.

We are enjoying the car together and I know she loves it by the way she wipes it down after every drive and keeps it immaculate.

Very cool! Welcome to the XLR Net! We have a great group of folks here, and this is the best Cadillac XLR site out there...if I don't say so myself! :chuckle

And yes, Light Platinum and Ebony are the correct names.

Check out the XLR Registry here if you haven't already done so:

Cadillac XLR Net | Cadillac XLR Registry

Hi!. I bought my wife last week a 2008 XLR in Light Platinum with Ebony interior, if those are the correct color names. I tried another forum 10 days ago and am still waiting to be acknowledged, so I am really fortunate to have found this one, which seems to be really active with many knowledgable members.

I'll probably do the heavy lifting for my wife in terms of questions and so forth, so I am sure she will be grateful to all of you.

We are enjoying the car together and I know she loves it by the way she wipes it down after every drive and keeps it immaculate.

WelcomeI too try and wipe mine down every chance i get. I have the california dusters that i use. I really used them a lot during the florida pollen season. I wipe my 2006 infrared down a lot unless its too dirty because of the rain and back splash of the puddles. Then i just wait till nice weather and give her a bath. :wave:

Attachments

• photo-1.jpeg
    photo-1.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 292
Well, Seguin, welcome to the forum, for sure! :blinzel: If you're like many of us, you'll learn a LOT about your new baby from the folks on this site. They've really been great w/ helping me out.

BTW, enlightened choice of colors, if I do say so myself. :chuckle

Tim

Seguin
You and your wife will absolutely love your XLR and Welcome to the most Awesome XLR people & forum that you will find on the Internet! As you browse the forum you will find that we all love our XLR's so much that some or most of us have even named our baby's! Also you will see where we setup different events for all who can attend an meet up in different states on occasions trips & Events mostly during the Spring, Summer & Fall time! If you can you must attend some events and have a time of your life good people, food, drinks and a good time just getting XLR Owners together! And If you got questions someone here usually got an answer! GOOD LUCK & ENJOY YOUR MEW AWESOME RIDE! Now go out and turn some heads!
AGAIN "WELCOME" AND BROWSE THE FORUM AND CHECK IT OUT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

WELCOME to the XLR Owners club! ... I can't say enough on how wonderful this group is. I've met some wonderful friends here. As I have said before - little did I know that when I purchased my used Cadillac XLR, did I know I was getting an awesome group of friends with it. Hope to see you at some of our get togethers soon. You think your XLR turns heads when you drive through town? ... try being part of a group of 10 - 12 XLR's driving through town or the countryside. Its amazing! :wave:

Welcome to the XLR Forum.

Your wife must be REALLY GREAT for you to purchase her such a RARE GIFT!

Most men just buy their ladies diamonds and sparkling jewelry that causes admirers to concentrate on the sparkles rather than the beautiful person that's wearing them.;);)

With an XLR, it catches their attention and then they want to see who is driving it that has such GREAT TASTE in automobiles. It's a REAL head turner!

So PLEASE tell us what was the special occasion, and I hope it was something REALLY ROMANTIC.

Welcome aboard! Hope you two make it to some events & we meet some time - because my husband bought me mine ... & I love it ... & I also keep it immaculate & as shiny as I can!

The car itself is wonderful, but the real icing on the cake is all the wonderful people it's led me to on here. Enjoy!

Welcome to our forum, as many have already said we are a great family of XLR fanatics and you can get an answer to any question you may have!

Well I can emphatically say is your wife has a great husband. :love: Encourage her to sign in online too and get in on a big part of the fun of having a unique car as the XLR! :cool: Make sure you add her car to the registry too!:burnout:

The XLR was always my dream car but as a new vehicle, rather costly. In early 2011 we were looking into new cars to replace my 06 Grand Prix just because I was ready for a change - there was nothing wrong with the car, but I was not thrilled in what I saw at the GM dealers. (my daily driver needs to accomodate my grandaughters too)

Steve finally asked what my dream car would be and I said an XLR but I would need to have a 'family truckster' too. He said 'you have the family truckster in your Grand Prix so what is holding you back from getting the XLR? His is just as nice of a guy as you must be! Tell your wife, she chose well! :knuddel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom