Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

new toy on the XLR

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I got some blue LED's for Trixie for christmas. They look great with the Blue LED Windrestrictor.
xlrled.jpg

Cool!!! Are the on all the time or with the drl's or with the headlights? Or do you have a separate switch to have them on only when you want?

They look very nice!

In Nevada it is illegal to have any red or blue lights on the front of a vehicle. You may want to check your local law books to see if there is a similar law.

Looks very nice I have the same idea in mind, but with white LED's and a MB or Audi style strip.
:cool:

They are on a switch that turns on the blue led in the windrestrictor. I will use them just for show. I am ordering a white set to mount right under them to hook to the DRL's. They come from plasma glow. Easy to install. Took a while to wire it right though. you can get cheaper lights at autozone but these are a lot better.

Those look really cool on your car. I have been playing around with LED replacements for the original bulbs, but that changes the whole look. It looks like there is enough clearance between the bumper cover and the headlamp for them to fill in the gap. I've got to have some.

Indeed they do look quite nice! Plasma Glow has a lot of interesting stuff on their website. Dual-color strips are available where the primary color runs with your headlights and then alternately imbedded amber lights flash with the turn signals. The outside mirror strips look like a possibility for turning and brake signals.

I've wondered about creating a glow behind the V's grill and they have LED strips/devices for that, as well.

But... there's always the pesky wiring to deal with. I make no claims to having more than rudimentary skills in that genre. However, there ARE folks out there FOR HIRE that could assist in that regard : )

That's where it pays to be an electrician. It's a good living and you can do some cool stuff on the side.

Blue LED Licesne Plate

That's where it pays to be an electrician. It's a good living and you can do some cool stuff on the side.

Dave do you have the website address for Plasma Glow? And I want to add LED bulbs in trunk & back up sockets does anyone know the bulbs numbers?

:) We did my license plate today with (Blue LEDS to match the windrestrictor) they are pretty easy to do. I will try to get some pics later tonight when it gets dark! Only wish I could of found the back up LED lights at a local dealer while it was apart they are easy to get to right now! :wave: Caddyman Dan

The trunk lights are standard 194s and they are very easy to replace.
The back-up lights are 3156. I used 45 LED bulbs and they do a very good job of lighting the way.

Actually I have bulb #s for everything except the vanity mirror lights for anyone that is interested. Does anyone know what they are? The ones on my 2004 are some wierd little bulb that looks like it might be part of the socket (like a 168) and they are not easy to remove, at least I have not figured out how to get them out. The repair manual says they come out, but they seem to be held in place by the mirror frame. Don't want to get too agressive with the plastic.

The trunk lights are standard 194s and they are very easy to replace.
The back-up lights are 3156. I used 45 LED bulbs and they do a very good job of lighting the way.

Actually I have bulb #s for everything except the vanity mirror lights for anyone that is interested. Does anyone know what they are? The ones on my 2004 are some wierd little bulb that looks like it might be part of the socket (like a 168) and they are not easy to remove, at least I have not figured out how to get them out. The repair manual says they come out, but they seem to be held in place by the mirror frame. Don't want to get too agressive with the plastic.

Thanks for the bulb info. I need to get some ordered any suggestion where to buy?

Blue LEDS for License Plate

"Click on pics to view LARGER"
View attachment 1635 View attachment 1633
View attachment 1636 View attachment 1634
Here some pictures as promised! :blinzel:
(Not quite as BRIGHT from a distance as I expected! I"m guessing that's because they are BLUE
"Hope the cops don't pull me over!"..................
They do look awesome with the windrestrictor it's the same shade of blue!
Now I'm waiting on my new personalized plate to come :rocker: 2 EXTREME :rocker:

Caddyman Dan

I thought someone might like to see the LED's I put on the my boat. as you can see I like blue. The pic isnt great, camera doesn't like night shots. It does look great at night though. l
2018C148.jpg

I thought someone might like to see the LED's I put on the my boat. as you can see I like blue. The pic isnt great, camera doesn't like night shots. It does look great at night though. l
2018C148.jpg

Looks cool I like the blue too!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry