Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New XLR Owner in KY

arv09

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Silver Platinum, 2005 Black Raven XLR
Just purchased the car of my dreams. We don't have many of these in central KY, in fact I have never seen another one on the road here. I saw one in Vegas last year and knew it was the car I wanted but wasn't sure what it was until I saw it at the Cadillac dealer in Lexington, KY 2 weeks ago. My husband and I drove it and I bought it that day. He has always had Corvettes and in fact just bought a 1996 Collectors Edition 2 weeks before. I like it but it doesn't have the ride or look I want. The XLR does and I love the looks I get when I drive it since most people here have never seen one.
Unfortunately, can't make it to the reunion in Bowling Green this year but hope to next year and look forward to meeting other XLR owners on this site.

Anita

Well first off WELCOME to best XLR forum on the Internet second congrats on your new awesome rides and be prepared to get the stare down you are correct about some people have never seen an XLR I display my ROXY ( yes some of us named our baby) in many car show and I've heard it all! Didn't even know Cadillac made this, Never saw one before! Is that some kind of a Corvette, is it fast! You get the drift! Anyways if you got a problem or question this is the place this forum has a lot of experienced XLR owners that know a lot about these awesome rides! Good luck and enjoy you new ride and sorry to see you can't make the upcoming 10 year Homecoming is gonna be a BLAST as of now at least 30 showing up! God Bless and "KEEP CRUZIN ON"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Congrats and welcome to the forum..... :cool:

Welcome and congrats. Yes these are great rides. I know you'll have more head turns and more questions asked by passers by. So just hold your head up and smile. Be glad that you are the owner of a great car like this.

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!!!!:wave:

Welcome and congratulations on your newly purchased XLR!!!! Hope you have LOTS of top down good times!!

Congradulations

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do. I still get a kick out of folks looking the car over. It is a drive to make any real driver happy.:lol::lol:

Just purchased the car of my dreams.

Unfortunately, can't make it to the reunion in Bowling Green this year but hope to next year and look forward to meeting other XLR owners on this site.

Anita

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase!

The more you learn about your XLR, the more you will be amazed by it.

Lots of good information on this site and even more good people here.

By the way, I would really try to make this years Bowling Green trip if at all possible. At this present time, the trip that is planned for next year will be to Montana. The trip this September to Bowling Green celebrates 10th Anniversary of when the XLRs were first built and is not likely to be repeated.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase!

The more you learn about your XLR, the more you will be amazed by it.

Lots of good information on this site and even more good people here.

By the way, I would really try to make this years Bowling Green trip if at all possible. At this present time, the trip that is planned for next year will be to Montana. The trip this September to Bowling Green celebrates 10th Anniversary of when the XLRs were first built and is not likely to be repeated.

Thanks for the info. I had wrongly assumed every year would be in Bowling Green since that is where they were built. We will have to see if we can swing down for at least a day.

Thanks for the info. I had wrongly assumed every year would be in Bowling Green since that is where they were built. We will have to see if we can swing down for at least a day.

The 28th is the day of the Car show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

From CNC - Thanks for your greeting and in turn mine to you! : )

Just purchased the car of my dreams. We don't have many of these in central KY, in fact I have never seen another one on the road here. I saw one in Vegas last year and knew it was the car I wanted but wasn't sure what it was until I saw it at the Cadillac dealer in Lexington, KY 2 weeks ago. My husband and I drove it and I bought it that day. He has always had Corvettes and in fact just bought a 1996 Collectors Edition 2 weeks before. I like it but it doesn't have the ride or look I want. The XLR does and I love the looks I get when I drive it since most people here have never seen one.

Anita

Reply: This is too funny. When I started searching for an XLR I saw the one you bought on line at the dealership. If I recall it is Silver (hard to tell from the picture). I had narrowed down my search to either The Silver or The Gold Mist. I called the dealer and they said, "Sorry it has been sold." : ) --- I guess (a) you were meant to own a Silver one, and (b) I was meant to own a Gold Mist one. :) Again, if I recall, really low miles like 20,000 something?

Congrats, and thanks for yours to me. :)

welcome

Welcome and good luck w/your new ride!!! you'll love it hear!!! :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry