Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Notification! ABS system not working...Service soon.... Speed limited to 80MPH

Big Duck

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR-V Alpine
After having my battery DIE, put in new one and receive a notification that the ABS system is not working and speed will be limited to 80 MPH "service soon" anybody know how to reset the computer? I am pretty sure it happened:dunno::dunno: during the battery failure. It NEVER happened before this. HELP!!! :-(:dunno:

Found Answer!!!!

After having my battery DIE, put in new one and receive a notification that the ABS system is not working and speed will be limited to 80 MPH "service soon" anybody know how to reset the computer? I am pretty sure it happened:dunno::dunno: during the battery failure. It NEVER happened before this. HELP!!! :-(:dunno:
Talked to my mechanic. He said that the warning was because the brake sensors had no input. [DAH] said drive it over 25 MPH and it would clear. IT DID!!! All fixed. :thumbsup
Now all I have to do is figure out why the Left and Right rear-view mirrors want to point down when I leave and return and start the car?
The computer really went nuts while trying to start with a sick battery. An EXPENSIVE Little battery ~10"x12"x12" "Special" @ ~$200.00:(
All the best to you all from TX!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back