Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

object bigger than it appears....

batgirl1

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black xlr
Today, I went to Lowe's. While I was there, I found a deal on an over-the-range microwave. I had to have it for the new house! I paid for it and the guy asked me to drive around so that he could load it. I pulled up, popped the trunk, and jumped out of my car to direct him. He looked at me, at the huge box, and at the trunk. He said, "Ma'am, I'm no rocket scientist, but I don't think it's going to fit". Oops..... I REALLY misjudged the size! I'm tellling you, as much stuff as I can fit into that car, I was convinced it would have fit!!!!! Since I seem to be challenged in the size perception department, I will now travel with a tape measure!

I wouldn't be me if I didn't say a woman with a size perception issue isn't always a bad thing. Thanks for an evening laugh. :worship:

I think most women have that problem:lol::lol:

I'll bet they all think this line
_______________________________ is 8" long.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't be me if I didn't say a woman with a size perception issue isn't always a bad thing. Thanks for an evening laugh. :worship:

So who came up with the phrase "size doesn't matter"? :laugh:

A woman? :chuckle

I bet you would not have had ANY trouble sweet-talking some guy driving a big ole pickup truck into loading it up and carrying it home for you! :(

True story. About a year ago, I had to stop by Radio Shack to pick up a cable for a project. As I rode up to the store, I saw a black XLR sitting out front. They were trying to load up a TV antenna and mast into the XLR. The driver of the XLR was a senior gentleman. As I walked by them going into the store, I jokingly remarked "You know, Cadillac does make a pickup truck!"

The driver of the XLR was planning to try to carry the items in a manner that seemed unsafe to me. I drive a Chevrolet Tahoe during the week, so I asked the senior gentleman how far away he lived. He told me where he lived, and I knew it was only about 5 miles away. I volunteered to load the items up in my Tahoe and deliver them for him.

So after a quick trip into the store to pick up the cable, I loaded the antenna and mast into my Tahoe, and followed him to his house. After I unloaded the items, we visited for about 30 minutes.

He had seen the car on the pre-owned lot at a Cadillac dealer and liked it so much, he bought it. He traded in a Corvette.

By the way, he is a retired engineer and is about 75 years old!

I did a good deed and made a new XLR friend that day!

I bet you would not have had ANY trouble sweet-talking some guy driving a big ole pickup truck into loading it up and carrying it home for you! :(

True story. About a year ago, I had to stop by Radio Shack to pick up a cable for a project. As I rode up to the store, I saw a black XLR sitting out front. They were trying to load up a TV antenna and mast into the XLR. The driver of the XLR was a senior gentleman. As I walked by them going into the store, I jokingly remarked "You know, Cadillac does make a pickup truck!"

The driver of the XLR was planning to try to carry the items in a manner that seemed unsafe to me. I drive a Chevrolet Tahoe during the week, so I asked the senior gentleman how far away he lived. He told me where he lived, and I knew it was only about 5 miles away. I volunteered to load the items up in my Tahoe and deliver them for him.

So after a quick trip into the store to pick up the cable, I loaded the antenna and mast into my Tahoe, and followed him to his house. After I unloaded the items, we visited for about 30 minutes.

He had seen the car on the pre-owned lot at a Cadillac dealer and liked it so much, he bought it. He traded in a Corvette.

By the way, he is a retired engineer and is about 75 years old!

I did a good deed and made a new XLR friend that day!

That was such a nice thing for you to do! I figured that if I were crazy enough to think that it would actually fit, I deserved to make two trips to Lowes! LOL! Actually, in my defense, it was the packaging that made it look so huge. The actual microwave would have fit nicely. Or so, I'd like to think! I wish there were another XLR person in town. The GMC dealership has a silver one on the lot. It's been there for months and it hasn't sold.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom