Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

on star

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
I received an offer a 5 month trial for an On Star subscription on my 2007 xlr....interested in knowing what a 2007 is capable of doing with an activated ON Star. Appreciate the feedback. James

I received an offer a 5 month trial for an On Star subscription on my 2007 xlr....interested in knowing what a 2007 is capable of doing with an activated ON Star. Appreciate the feedback. James
Never experienced it but I believe they can unlock your vehicle with onstar. Anything else I believe can be done with your mobile phone.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OnStar (as implemented in late model Cadillacs) has a lot of new features that may (or may not) be compatible with the XLR.

Location Services offers the ability to download destinations directly to the Nav system remotely, using an app. I'll look up an address online, and send it to the car before I leave. Remote start on a cold or hot day is a nice feature that can be performed using the app, or the fob if its close enough. Not only does the car start, but the HVAC and heated/ventilated seats are functioning based on the outside temp. OnStar also provides a monthly diagnostic report. I can view the TPMS pressures and oil life indication remotely as well.

The MyCadillac app is nearly identical to the OnStar app (without the monthly diagnostic report) and includes an owner's manual. If the oil life reaches a certain threshold, it can make a reservation for an oil change at your designated dealership.

CC :wave:

OnStar (as implemented in late model Cadillacs) has a lot of new features that may (or may not) be compatible with the XLR.

Location Services offers the ability to download destinations directly to the Nav system remotely, using an app. I'll look up an address online, and send it to the car before I leave. Remote start on a cold or hot day is a nice feature that can be performed using the app, or the fob if its close enough. Not only does the car start, but the HVAC and heated/ventilated seats are functioning based on the outside temp. OnStar also provides a monthly diagnostic report. I can view the TPMS pressures and oil life indication remotely as well.

The MyCadillac app is nearly identical to the OnStar app (without the monthly diagnostic report) and includes an owner's manual. If the oil life reaches a certain threshold, it can make a reservation for an oil change at your designated dealership.

CC :wave:

Thank you CC... Our fabulous engineering marvels were just a few years short of "smart phone" technologies. I am hoping that at some point some enthusiast will come up with ways to "retrofit" our cars with a complex marvel that we can easily attach to our cars. Kristina and I test drove a 2006 that had an up to date multipurpose gps, radio, blue tooth in the standard screen opening--- the install look good, but the sound quality out of the XLR amplifier/speaker system was hardly passable. Again, I'm grateful for the responses on the forum-- having purchased our car in June, I'm learning a great deal from folks like you and others who take the time to help us out. James

On star has 3 levels of service..each one builds upon the previous one..protection ..security and guidance... the App they have to do certain things from your phone is only available to 2010 vehicles and up..
I think its a great option to have..

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry