Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Opinions on the XLR Net?

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
So, what are your thoughts on the XLR Net in general?

What features, options or information would you like to see here?

• Admin
Just thought I'd bring this up to the top again.

If there's something you'd like to see here, or something that you might want to see different, just let me know.

Great Site!!!!

Rob,

Site looks great. I think you are going to find it getting alot busier here, as a bunch of us have moved fron another site to here!!

Cubby558:cool:

• Admin
Rob,

Site looks great. I think you are going to find it getting alot busier here, as a bunch of us have moved fron another site to here!!

Cubby558:cool:

Thanks Cubby! :rocker:

I'd like to be able to cut and paste Word docs with embedded pictures into the message field so I can write some procedures with pics.

There's another Cadillac enthusiast site that has this capability and as soon as procedures are generated, they're usually posted on the site's FAQ, which works real well as a one-stop place for DIY'ers. The site isn't well attended by XLR members, so I'd rather post here for maximum effect in the community.

I find that as detailed as the GM shop manuals are, things don't always go the way the manual describes and the sketches aren't as helpful as pictures. In some cases, the procedures omit key steps, so I have to wonder if whomever wrote it actually performed the task. I document it as I do it, so it's as accurate as I can make it. I'm able to generate and render computer models too --if a picture isn't good enough to describe how something functions. Add streaming video per Galen's request and I can post animations too if needed. (I'm an animator and engineer.)

Other than that, I like this site's layout!

CC :wave:

• Admin
What's with the black bar in front of the gallery pictures? It overlays the picture.
What black bar in front of gallery pictures? I'm not seeing that.

The action bar that you click to move from one picture to another lays over the top of the picture. Must be my res. setting causing this.

An XLR Registry would be fun - VIN #, location, mods done, interior/exterior color, mileage, etc.

Also, one thing I miss is the birthday notifications we got on the "old" forum on the bottom of the home page. It was nice to see who was having a birthday and to wish them well.... or am I not looking in the right spot?

An XLR Registry would be fun - VIN #, location, mods done, interior/exterior color, mileage, etc.

Also, one thing I miss is the birthday notifications we got on the "old" forum on the bottom of the home page. It was nice to see who was having a birthday and to wish them well.... or am I not looking in the right spot?

hehe....it's coming! I'm in the process of testing one on the Corvette Action Center and I should be releasing that one within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Once I have it working there, I'm going to port the scripts and database schema here.

I'm probably going to need help from everyone here with the XLR Registry, because I will probably have questions like:

"how much was this option in 2006?"
"was this or that an option or standard on the 2005..."

etc...

Stay tuned!!! I'm actually very excited about this! :rocker::rocker:

The action bar that you click to move from one picture to another lays over the top of the picture. Must be my res. setting causing this.

Galen,

That shows up if your cursur is on the picture itself. Move your cursur off the pic and it disappears--your pics will still scroll.

hehe....it's coming! I'm in the process of testing one on the Corvette Action Center and I should be releasing that one within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Once I have it working there, I'm going to port the scripts and database schema here.

I'm probably going to need help from everyone here with the XLR Registry, because I will probably have questions like:

etc...

As always, YOU ROCK!!!!!!:rocker::rocker:

etc...

Hey Rob...
I think your excitement is rubbing off on the rest of us!! You never cease to amaze me... Absolutely :love:LOVE:love: what you continue to do for us!!
THIS FORUM MAKES THE "OTHER" LOOK LIKE A CHILD IS RUNNING IT (oh wait... maybe there is - gee, did I REALLY just say that)...:dunno::pat::pat:

Soundz kool, Rob ... Looking forward to this addition!

Geez ... Homegrown ... Ask and you shall receive .... Voila' ... a calendar! :blinzel:

Rod, your going to get ban from the other site! As on animal house would say " Your on double probation"

:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle
You know, now that I think about it, I haven't been on the other site for about a month or so (Don't think I even miss the other site)... This one is SOOOOOO much better!!!

All online automotive forums should have an administrator as good as Rob! :chuckle (No offense meant to you, Darth, just your former cohort!)

Well - I think Darth mentioned a couple of times that everything was a battle on the old forum ... you know how old that can get :bash:

And ..... I believe that the moderator's didn't have access to make changes to the software and servers ..... some guys just took the power they had and abused it :rocket: ....

It's pretty evident that even Darth is happier here! :wave::wave::cool:

I think that this forum offers soooo much more .... something for everyone :patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom