Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! P1101 code

64rdc19

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared XLR-V
I have run down the list of possible causes for this induction imbalance and replaced mass airflow sensor , air filters , bypass valve and checked for vacuum leaks to no success. I'll reset code sometimes it takes a couple of days to trip the code and other times just a few hours. Anybody have this problem and found a solution?

I have run down the list of possible causes for this induction imbalance and replaced mass airflow sensor , air filters , bypass valve and checked for vacuum leaks to no success. I'll reset code sometimes it takes a couple of days to trip the code and other times just a few hours. Anybody have this problem and found a solution?

2006 XLR-V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure you know, but just to make sure: Out of Chilton's manual

[h=5]Trouble Code: P1101 (4.4L V8 VIN D Auto)
Intake Air Flow System Performance
[/h]
Trouble Code Conditions:
DTCs P0121, P1516, P2108 are not set. The engine is running. The MAP sensor is less than 99 kPa. The engine is in Closed Loop fuel control. DTC P1101 runs continuously.
Possible Causes:

• If the ECM detects an air flow error, DTC P1101 sets immediately.

[h=5]Trouble Code: P1101 (4.4L V8 VIN D Auto)
Intake Air Flow System Performance
[/h]
Trouble Code Conditions:
DTCs P0096, P0097, P0098, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0116, P0117, P0118, P0335, P0336, P0401, P0405, P1183, P1184, P1404, P2226, P2227, P2228 are not set. The engine speed is between 500-5,000 RPM. The intake air temperature is between -7 and +125°C (+19 and +257°F). The engine coolant temperature is between 70-121°C (158-250°F). This DTC runs continuously within the enabling conditions.
Possible Causes:

• The engine control module (ECM) detects that the actual measured intake system parameters from the MAF, MAP, SC Inlet Pressure, and the TP sensors are not within a range of the corresponding calculated parameters that are derived from the system of models by greater than a calibrated threshold for greater than 10 seconds.

Do you have the stock air intake installed? Or an aftermarket cold air induction system?

Stock air intake

Always start with the simple and cheap!

Let's start simple and cheap. How about the intake air filters? Over-oiled after-market filters (e.g., K&N's) have been known to mess up even a new MAF sensor. If this is the case, it may need a thorough clean-out of the "plumbing", too. :wave:

Tim

These K&N filters are brand new out of the box installed.
I will investigate that possibility but the DTC P1101 code started before these were installed.
When I replaced the MAF sensor I also replaced the OEM AC-DELCO air filters at the same time.

So far I have checked or replaced SC inlet pressure sensor, SC outlet pressure sensor, Barometric pressure sensor. The TP sensor measurement is marginally just outside of parameters at 4 (2-3 is the range) I'm re-flashing the ECM at the dealership with the current parameters this week

If the DTC P1101 code is still there I was told the TP Sensor is adjustable. I will post of my progress later this week[emoji1303]

Well after having the ECM flashed at the dealership and reinstalled the OEM filters the DTC P1101 code has not come back[emoji4]

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back