Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Paint progress

Phrede

Seasoned Member
After a few delays with my winter project due to weather and other reasons they finally squirted some paint on my car. :)
2014_04_02--11_28_413646.jpg2014_04_02--11_31_053653.jpg2014_04_02--11_30_263651.jpg2014_04_02--11_28_583647.jpg

Looks good. What color did you end up going with? Candy or not. Do they spray the mirrors and a-pillars separately. Are they spraying color then clear or was it a one step clear in the color?Looks like a pain hope all goes well for you.

Looks good. What color did you end up going with? Candy or not. Do they spray the mirrors and a-pillars separately. Are they spraying color then clear or was it a one step clear in the color?Looks like a pain hope all goes well for you.

Candy Brandywine Pearl. Far from a single step process. Dissassembly/assembly happens multiple times. The final topcats happen fully assembled to insure uniform shading.

Looking good, Fred. Can't wait to see it in person. Hope it is everything you are expecting.

Can't wait to see the finished look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good, Fred. Can't wait to see it in person. Hope it is everything you are expecting.

Thanks Cubby.

It is tough to see it all covered with dust and in pieces! Sure is a leap of faith in the painter. It's hard to see even the paint shade without all the finish on it. I have a feeling pictures will not do it justice when done.

The anticipation has got to be killing you. Catch 22 you probably want the car done because the weather,but yet you want them to make her perfect. Hope everything turns out good for you.cant wait to see some pics when done

The big brown truck came today

Got the parts ready, now if I just had a car....... A few more weeks.

20140411_003510.jpg

Yes good luck. Can't wait to c the finished product. I bet you are really anxious to get her back home so you can drive her.

There was a problem with the candy and the painter said "...it just wasn't acting right...." so he stopped and stripped about 4 panels back down and is starting over. Then the candy was not in the dealer stock, etc etc. So there is a delay. I'm not complaining. I know sometimes things happen and when working with custom things it happens even more. I want it right, if that means waiting, so be it. The snow and cold weather here is helping with the anticipation some.

I was a little surprised with some of the progress pictures I got yesterday as they were a little different than what was first discussed. Keeping an open mind, I went and saw it first hand today and am happy with what I saw. Here are some updated pictures. Remember this is before the candy and that will make things a lot more subdued! The gold leaf will be much less pronounced under the candy coats. I'm going for a custom, but not "in your face" effect.

2014_04_16--11_09_493657.jpg 2014_04_16--11_10_063658.jpg 2014_04_16--11_10_233659.jpg 2014_04_16--11_11_053662.jpg 2014_04_16--11_10_063658.jpg

Boy you are going all out. I like the caddy emblem on the hood. Hope when you get the candy in it fades in like you said. Glad you are happy with the progress

XLR PAINT JOB

FRED I WAS JUST OUT AT BOITNOTT'S AND SAW YOUR CAR, I HAVE MY 1939 CHEVROLET OUT THERE HAVING SOME THINGS DONE TO IT. I HAVE HIM DO ALL MY WORK, HE HAS SOME GOOD PEOPLE WORKING FOR HIM. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING THEY DO A GREAT JOB, I LOVE THE COLOR.:wave: NOVOLTS [JIM] HOPE YOU GET THIS

WOW! I'm thinking we're going to need to have another Ky. Gathering again just to gather around your car to see this Awesome paint job in person when it's finished...... Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'll go for that idea. Another gathering at bg.

FRED I WAS JUST OUT AT BOITNOTT'S AND SAW YOUR CAR, I HAVE MY 1939 CHEVROLET OUT THERE HAVING SOME THINGS DONE TO IT. I HAVE HIM DO ALL MY WORK, HE HAS SOME GOOD PEOPLE WORKING FOR HIM. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING THEY DO A GREAT JOB, I LOVE THE COLOR.:wave: NOVOLTS [JIM] HOPE YOU GET THIS

Surprise! Did you know it was there before you went?

WOW! I'm thinking we're going to need to have another Ky. Gathering again just to gather around your car to see this Awesome paint job in person when it's finished...... Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Thanks, I can't wait.

I hope to get to the Arthritis show in Columbus, OH. Artmobilia too, if we are going again.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom