Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Paint progress

PAINT JOB

Surprise! Did you know it was there before you went?

NO I TOOK MY 39 CHEVY OUT ON 4/21/14. JIM BOITNOTT IS A GREAT GUY. I'M GOING TO NASHVILLE A GOODGUY'S CAR SHOW IN MAY WITH THE CAR CLUB. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT PAINTED YOUR GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![JIM]

NO I TOOK MY 39 CHEVY OUT ON 4/21/14. JIM BOITNOTT IS A GREAT GUY. I'M GOING TO NASHVILLE A GOODGUY'S CAR SHOW IN MAY WITH THE CAR CLUB. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT PAINTED YOUR GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![JIM]

I'm about due for another visit. The last I saw it nothing had any candy on it yet. I have a lot of confidence in Jim's work and yes he's a good guy.. They were talking about going to Nashville and stopping in Bowling Green to see the crunched up 'Vettes.

This might not be the place. But it does deal with paint. I don't know if it's just me or not. But I just had a couple of my rock chips touched up. I had the dealer fix some then I saw others around a couple days later. So I had a guy that has steadier hands then I do touch the areas up. The dealer checked and rechecked the paint code several times. It is the right paint code he said. But the areas look like someone used fingernail polish to touch up the areas. The areas look a little bit better being that you don't see the white chips. But I know the areas don't look that great. But hey it's cheaper then a repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost

Maybe another week or so

2014_05_02--11_07_203701.jpg2014_05_02--09_55_323682.jpg2014_05_02--11_05_453700.jpg2014_05_02--11_04_083694.jpg

Really happy with what I'm seeing.

Got to see your Chevy today, turn about is fair play :)
2014_05_02--10_00_053686.jpg

Look like they do great work. To bad the shop isn't close to my area.

Also 05granddaddy is right. We need to have another event (like the sept bg event) just so we can see your new paint job up close.

PAINT PROGRESS

FRED: THANK ALOT FOR THE PICTURES OF YOUR CAR AND MY 1939 CHEVY, I WISH I COULD HAVE MET YOU. I THING MY CAR SHOULD BE DONE EARLY NEXT WEEK. [JIM] :wave:

Both paints jobs are looking awesome!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

PAINT PROGRESS

FRED: I PICK MY CAR UP WED. I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH IT, I HAD ABOUT 10 OR 11 THINGS DONE ON IT. JIM SAID YOUR CAR WOULD BE DONE FRIDAY BUT ITS GOING RAIN SO HE GOING FOR MONDAY. HE HAS TO PUT THE FRONT AND REAR BUMPER ON. YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH IT!!!!!:wave:

Last edited:
FRED: I PICK MY CAR UP WED. I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH IT, I HAD ABOUT 10 OR 11 THINGS DONE ON IT. JIM SAID YOUR CAR WOULD BE DONE FRIDAY BUT ITS GOING RAIN SO HE GOING FOR MONDAY. HE HAS TO PUT THE FRONT AND REAR BUMPER ON. YOU SOULD BE HAPPY WITH IT!!!!!:wave:

Thanks for the update. I hadn't heard from him yet so I figured there is some delay. I'll be glad to have it back for sure, but need to make arrangements for a ride to go get it and make sure it's not raining.

2014_05_12--18_06_083716.jpg2014_05_12--18_04_213710.jpg2014_05_12--18_08_243721.jpg

It was very cloudy at the time, next pics will be in the sun where it looks much different.

Last edited:
Great paint. Glad you have her back in your possession. I like the ghost emblems and it even looks a little darker. Or was it because it was outside in the bright sunlight

Great paint. Glad you have her back in your possession. I like the ghost emblems and it even looks a little darker. Or was it because it was outside in the bright sunlight

These were taken on a very cloudy day right before a thunderstorm rolled in.

When I picked her up it was sunny and it made a big difference. It is a tad darker, depending on the light and is much deeper. The paint works good on the "edgy" body and can appear to be different shades on different body parts.

It's hard to get the true effect with a camera.

These were taken on a very cloudy day right before a thunderstorm rolled in.

When I picked her up it was sunny and it made a big difference. It is a tad darker, depending on the light and is much deeper. The paint works good on the "edgy" body and can appear to be different shades on different body parts.

It's hard to get the true effect with a camera.

Generally you get far better pictures of cars when it is overcast, less harsh shadows & hot spots. Likely the color difference between shade & sun will be quite difficult to photograph.

Sure looks great Fred! Curious, where is the wreath & crest: on the left fender & hood?

Very nice. Is that gold leafing along the door? That is a really nice detail. Love the Caddy emblem. What is the graphic behind the emblem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back