Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM Press Release Part number for Hydraulic cylinder in convertible top

nadsay

My XLR/V(s)
2004 black xlr
Hey ppl...

I have been searching everywhere for this .... I hope any one of you guys could help me...

My convertible top wasn't working ... I took my car to the local garage...they informed me one of my hydraulic cylinder used for trunk opening was leaking and needed to get repaired....so I got the part (88957088). Hoping that would have sort the problem ... the garage guy told me now the trunk is functioning but the hydraulic cylinder for the top mechanism was not working :rolleyes:.. I went ahead to the Cadillac dealer in my area. They suggested me to get in the part no (88957086) After ordering that -- I find out.. that it is not the right part.. :(.. its way smaller than the one I needed.:dunno:

I have attached a picture of the part... and some more pictures of the area where the part is.

cadillac-03-09-xlr-rebuilt-cylinders.jpgIMG-20151014-WA0013.jpg 20151024_154648_resized_1.jpg20151024_154706_resized_1.jpg20151024_155927_resized_1.jpg

Waiting for any reply

Thanks

Nadsay

Gmpartsdirect.com 88957085 lift cylinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SabaaH al-khayr!

<tbody>
</tbody>
Hopefully this will help you. Based on the pics you've provided and general location (Right side, Forward) it looks like PN 88957085. I've circled it in the first pic (it's in the center) and used an arrow in the second. If this isn't correct. please let me know and I'll search some more and get the part number you need. The pictures are a big help.

as-salaam 'alaykum,

CC

Parts Pic 1.jpgParts Pic 2.jpg

Thanks @ccclarke ...il check the part out...

the last part I ordered was 88957086 which was almost half the size of the part I wanted. Il check this part number... Problem in Dubai is they don't keep any stock... need to order it from the States.

Thanks again...

SabaaH al-khayr!

<tbody>
</tbody>
Hopefully this will help you. Based on the pics you've provided and general location (Right side, Forward) it looks like PN 88957085. I've circled it in the first pic (it's in the center) and used an arrow in the second. If this isn't correct. please let me know and I'll search some more and get the part number you need. The pictures are a big help.

as-salaam 'alaykum,

CC

View attachment 5914View attachment 5915

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry